Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord, CA (LIVE 2 Mar 2018, 19 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you wish! I stopped by today and construction has indeed begun. Although the supercharger won't be ready by the shopping center's originally scheduled opening date of October 27th, the rest of the shopping center won't be ready either as there is alot of work to do. Note the massive (~8 feet tall and wide) transformer next to the supercharger site. It and many other transformers have been in place for a while - hopefully it is the one for the supercharger. I wasn't able to see a kVA rating for it.

Nice pictures! I am glad to see they are working on this; it had seemed stalled for a while. I went by about 3 weeks back and couldn't even see the "Tesla" labelled crates you show. Looking forward to this opening up.

Last edited by a moderator:
E6A8C9D8-D9D0-4D36-AFEB-CA497A93EAC9.png
917DE69B-26D8-4E50-9FA9-4EEC01A3662D.jpeg
Thanks to original OP for post. I swung by there today Fri 10/27/17.
Update... definitely not open yet, but getting there...
Pic included of progress and drop pin for exact location.

Reactions: emupilot
Looks at least weeks off to the opening...
I don't know. The San Mateo Bridgepoint Parkway site went really fast once they put the initial power in. This may be the case here. Also they didn't announce Bridgepoint. No fanfare. It just appeared on the SuC map in the car last week. Hopefully it will be the same for Concord. Fingers crossed it will come on-line quickly.
@Jeff Songster thanks for the pic.

Went by this morning - so far there are 19 pedestals, but there is an oddly spaced gap between two of them at one end. Likely one of the concrete footers was cracked or something and they need a new one. From what I saw earlier in the construction they are not poured on site, but are shipped there. Anyway, 19 at this point. It will certainly be 20 when complete.