Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is security really giving out tickets?
IMG_9509.JPG

I think even if the mall solves the potential ICEing problem, it is incumbent on us Tesla owners who live nearby not to take advantage of these “parking” spaces to charge our cars as excuse to have guaranteed parking (during the Christmas season). I actually contemplated going to Vaughan Mills today, not because I had to or needed to but for a moment I thought I would take advantage of the parking spots.

I am not sure the Tesla charging stations in malls is the best idea. Don’t get me wrong...I am all for expansion but I just hope Superchargers don’t become dominated by local destination shopping chargers.

Reactions: MarcoRP
I think even if the mall solves the potential ICEing problem, it is incumbent on us Tesla owners who live nearby not to take advantage of these “parking” spaces to charge our cars as excuse to have guaranteed parking (during the Christmas season). I actually contemplated going to Vaughan Mills today, not because I had to or needed to but for a moment I thought I would take advantage of the parking spots.

I am not sure the Tesla charging stations in malls is the best idea. Don’t get me wrong...I am all for expansion but I just hope Superchargers don’t become dominated by local destination shopping chargers.
Oh they will be. That's a given. It's human nature.

I was on my drive today and as I was driving I kept checking if this site showed up on the map, but it didn't upon 9-10AM. Later in the afternoon 4PM, the location showed up..! what a wonderful site to see 18 slots open.

So is official the site now shows on your map and the nav will be able to include it on the route! now if I could only integrated WAZE some how.. :p

Just back home from this location. It's the boxing day today and the mall is like exploded; took me 1 hour to struggle to the stall and find out it's almost fully iced. I should have known that as cars are parking on drive ways already, no wonder they will take the supercharger spot.

I am not living nearby, and I doubt it's smart to set a SC at a super busy mall like this.

Thanks for a Tesla leaves when I arrive; he gives me his charging spot. We struggled so hard just to swap our position so he can leave and I can charge. Don't have a chance to say thank you nor take a picture.

PS. When I come back in 1 hour, I gave my spot to another Tesla. Funny thing is that some shopping ladies walk by me and saying wow this is all the reason to buy a Tesla; I'm like, I am here to charge ... you shopping crowd is blocking my charging spot; having a mall beside these superchargers is an opposite experience for me.

Photos while I am stuck on the highway ramp:
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG

I also was there ah hoer ago. Could not charge at all. Even though map shows 16 spots available, in reality All of them are iced. Plus some smart ICE drivers parked their cars right in driveways, so not possible even approach to the spot, when it becomes available.
Have not seen any security vehicles. Picture is taken from FB post, but I witnessed all this today's mess.

26055939_1879746822337274_55636204422470880_n.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Struja
if you don't need to charge, stay out of Vaughan Mills today.

Map is showing 13 spots empty, its cause they're all ICEd. Not only are tesla spots iced but the entrance to the little lane has people parked illegally. And cars can't even get through. I'm currently parked here and directing traffic while charging cause I'm afraid someone's going to hit my car

• Informative
Reactions: Struja