Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Concord ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_20171228_200713.jpg
    IMG_20171228_200713.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20171228_200719.jpg
    IMG_20171228_200719.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: MarcoRP
I disagree with the idea of towing as a primary means of de-ICEing. Over the years there have been fears of rampant ICEing at hundreds of supercharger locations and the problem has always been worked out without towing. Simple cones do the trick 99% of the time and if that doesn't work you can use the rather inelegant solution they used in Calgary with the portable metal fence. People aren't going to move a metal fence for a parking spot, yet someone in desperate need of a charge will happily do so.

If you have been to Vaughan mills during holiday seasons, you would change your mind.
I do agree towing isn’t the primary solution, but for Vaughan malls...

Read some previous posts to see how bad the parking lot is

Reactions: Grindiezar
I disagree with the idea of towing as a primary means of de-ICEing. .
I quite like it :)

I do agree that I don't think 'ICEing' is a big deal. However Christmas at Vaughn Mills appears to be the exception to the rule. This isn't a midly busy location where the superchargers are miles from everything. This is a mall that regularly has people parking on grass because there are no spots, and it's a gigantic shopping centre. Add the busy holiday season to that and it's going to be a challenge.

I will say this...if a few people get towed from those spots, word will spread like wildfire and people will soon stop ICEing the spots. Same goes for a little NON TESLA CHARGING CARS WILL BE TOWED sign. It's horrible getting your car towed because it cost about $200-300 and takes up about 3 hrs of your life that you can't get back.

Getting a note on your windshield is a small price to pay for a convenient parking spot. Moving a cone is the same deal if we're talking about one of the busiest parking lots in the country. Calling a cab to take you to a tow yard and paying a bunch of costs is a right PITA.

Reactions: Arturino
So was at Vaughan Mills around 2:30pm, and not a single spot was iced! A lot of cars still illegally parked and not in parking spots making it difficult to navigate to the supercharger, but Supercharger spots themselves were safe!

Although the charge rate is very slow in this location.

I arrived with about 100km left, and only got 130km of additional charge in the 30 mins or so I was there.

I was checking my app constantly and saw that at most I got a 67KW charging rate....and this is without another car in the adjacent stall (I took 3B, the blue Model X in the picture that looks grey )

Attachments

• IMG_4415.JPG
    IMG_4415.JPG
    339 KB · Views: 79
So was at Vaughan Mills around 2:30pm, and not a single spot was iced! A lot of cars still illegally parked and not in parking spots making it difficult to navigate to the supercharger, but Supercharger spots themselves were safe!
All of these Teslas were charging or just parked at SC?
Last time I also had max 66kW charging rate. Maybe it is too cold still for the full throttle?

The ICEing situation seems to have gotten better, though overall access and parking remain slow and annoying. We were there around 1PM and got 67kW on our own SC tower, with 40% of the spots taken. By the time we came out it seemed about +80% full but still no ICEing. We got 288km in approx 1 hr.

Pretty slow. I got 118 kW in Kingston at -22C, though I did just pull off the 401 so the car was relatively warm.
Agreed, our car was also warm and battery at 30% so there shouldn't have been any issues. Not sure if this location is dialled back deliberately as a temporary measure or due to the cold. I though it was our car until I read about others also getting ~66kW.

The parking looks rather tight. Is it hard to get out of the car?
it's a bit snug but if you and the adjacent car are centred in your respective spots, it's not too bad. I'd rather park next to another Tesla than anywhere else in that lot. The other challenge is backing into and pulling out of the spot during busy periods without someone trying to cut around you.

• Informative
Was over at Vaughan Mills super charging again...looks like charging speeds are up!

I was charging at 10B, the lot was about 60% full (12 of 20 chargers used). Was getting 94kWh on my 75D Arrived with 22km at the charger. This was at around 7pm.

Looks like maybe it was throttled at the beginning.

Reactions: rpm001