Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coos Bay, OR (LIVE 25 Oct 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped on my way though and took some pics of the proposed spaces. I think the previous pictures are a different area of the parking lot.

There were no dig markings so I’m guessing this is a long ways off still. The new EA station on the north end of town looked like it was just about ready to be turned on. So anyone with a CCS enabled car might soon have that option.

IMG_7177.jpeg
IMG_7175.jpeg
IMG_7178.jpeg

Stopped on my way though and took some pics of the proposed spaces. I think the previous pictures are a different area of the parking lot.

There were no dig markings so I’m guessing this is a long ways off still. The new EA station on the north end of town looked like it was just about ready to be turned on. So anyone with a CCS enabled car might soon have that option.

View attachment 938924View attachment 938925View attachment 938926
Did you look along Bennet Dr? Tesla filed the dig ticket to bring power to the site, not necessarily to actually build the site.
1684473184599.png

Did you look along Bennet Dr? Tesla filed the dig ticket to bring power to the site, not necessarily to actually build the site.
View attachment 939089
The map you posted in April shows the existing transformers is there in front of the Model X. Bennet Dr has parking for Banner Bank and the Library, but I don’t think those parking lots have transformers in them.

I was there this past weekend and didn’t see any activity too 😢.

By the way, where exactly is the new EA chargers?

Reactions: Avatempest
The map you posted in April shows the existing transformers is there in front of the Model X. Bennet Dr has parking for Banner Bank and the Library, but I don’t think those parking lots have transformers in them.

Those existing transformers are not for the supercharger. Those are for existing businesses. Tesla wouldn’t have submitted a plan to bore under 2 city blocks if they were using those. Notice the plans have “protect existing transformer“ on them for those and ”proposed pacific power pad mounted transformer” on the new, much larger one they will be needing.

1684683898261.png

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf

EA chargers are in the north Safeway parking lot. 1735 Virginia Ave.

Reactions: ilovemycoffee

That EA charger is now marked as open, so there is a place to get a charge while we wait for the Supercharger to get built.

Thank you. Coincidentally, I just happened to check since it's a splitter on US-101 and I was trying to figure out which Superchargers to vote for. :p

It’s been a few weeks since the last update, and I was in the area. Looks like the work on Bennett has been done, at least the cones are all gone. Cabinets are on site but not set. Looks like it's still several weeks out. Grabbed some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_7350.jpg
    IMG_7350.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7353.jpg
    IMG_7353.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7355.jpg
    IMG_7355.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7356.jpg
    IMG_7356.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7359.jpg
    IMG_7359.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 46
Supercharger Voting is live again and Florence OR is currently sitting at #5 nationally. Going off the previous round winners the top 5 sites get pursued for construction, so there is a good chance we can get a SC in Florence. Additionally Packwood WA has moved into the #8 spot. I figure if we could get 150 votes for each site we would lock down the #4 and #5 slots for the PNW. We have till the end of the month.

If you haven't voted yet please consider doing so immediately. Additionally you may vote with each Tesla account you have, so if you have voted but your spouse/child/parent/dog have not yet, please have them do so(or if you control their login credentials). ;)

I know there are many routes that need supercharger locations in the PNW, but this is an opportunity to get some of our wishlist into the Top 5 and get them built.