Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dallas, TX - The Hill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed - Arlington has its own issues. It's a desolate location with no amenities at all on-site and difficult accessibility during Rangers or Cowboys games.

IF Arlington is built (remember it's been > 224 days since the city council approved it), I would be happy to have the choice.

Very true. This Dallas location is 7 miles from I-30 and 15 miles from I-20.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
The Arlington location will fill that need very nicely.

Ah, sprawl.

I think it does a few of things:
- Alternative for some travel through Dallas, especially if Arlington, TX area is to be avoided.
- I-20E - I-35N
- Fastest* route from S/W through Dallas to St Louis, MO goes that way.

There are a bunch of sprawling cities that really need multiple Superchargers because one can't adequately cover all the routes through.

* According to Google. I have no idea if it's correct.

Reactions: BerTX
So according to TreeHouse's website, the address is 8021 Walnut Hill Ln, which is actually on the other side of the building from the pictures I took. I'll try and take some photos from the other lot tonight or tomorrow.

I have also submitted the address to supercharge.info, so it show up there soonish.

Anyone know how to search for permits in Dallas? The store is supposed to come online in "spring 2017" and I would assume the charger would be targeted around the same time, so a permit should be in the works.

Last edited:
From the article above:

"Houndstooth Coffee is opening inside two tiny houses being built on the property along the N. Central Expressway frontage road where the Condoms To Go building was torn down."

and

"Tesla is opening a Supercharger station, the only one inside the city of Dallas, next to Houndstooth and TreeHouse's outdoor living display area."

That building being torn down is at 9740 N. Central Expy. At 9730 N. Central Expy I see a permit for "ADDITION OF TWO NEW MODULAR BUILDINGS".

No permits for a Supercharger that I can find. I dont think @BlueShift will take it as valid until there is a permit application.

• Informative
Reactions: geoffreak
Okay, got some better pictures: (imgur album)

View from Walnut Hill
HmdZpRS.jpg

Looking down at Walnut Hill
gu9b0bv.jpg

Turning clockwise towards the west
XFm9KWA.jpg

On to the northwest
R6eRxhI.jpg

Looking north
PXkGPFU.jpg

Closer look at the construction. Didn't want to get too close and have people start asking questions.
4veO3ea.jpg

Looking northeast at the other stores in this shopping center
fgtdaFw.jpg

View from the destination charger at the emergency center
SPTzIOb.jpg

Wider view without the building
sphZ9eo.jpg

Great pics! Hope your compass is off and not theirs -- the roof is supposed to be covered with solar panels, which have to face south. Your picture facing north you cant even see the roof.:eek:

Edit: Oh never mind, I see what you meant!

Last edited:
Dallas, TX

Interstates: None
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi): US-75

To: Catoosa, OK (US-75, I-44) - 261 miles
To: Joplin, MO (US-75, US-69, I-44) - 347 miles
To: Sulphur Springs, TX (US-75, I-635, I-30) - 83.0 miles
To: Lindale, TX (US-75, I-635, US-80, I-20) - 89.4 miles
To: Corsicana, TX (US-75, I-45) - 64.1 miles
To: Waco, TX (US-75, I-30, I-35E, I-35) - 101 miles
To: Arlington, TX (US-75, I-30) - 26.2 miles
To: Denton, TX (US-75, I-635, I-35E, I-35) - 40.8 miles

While not right on a non-spur Interstate it helps cover several routes across Dallas.
US-75 is the route indicated by Google to Joplin, MO, which would lead to Kansas City, KS/MO and St Louis, MO.

Reactions: vrykolas and BerTX
There are lots of very expensive cars using on street parking in the Uptown area nearby. Some of those condo and apartment dwellers could be buying Teslas now that they will have a place to charge. Remember they'll be paying for the electricity now.
I'm one of those Uptown condo dwellers and close to taking delivery (with FUSC). Luckily we have a garage, but I anticipate using this location from time to time while out and about. From what I can gather, Texas supercharging culture is far different from California supercharging culture when it comes to using it for local driving due to Tesla density.

Very much looking forward to this becoming available. It's a perfect location for destination charging when I drive up from Houston and stay for 2-3 days. Hit the Corsicana SC on the way up, use this to charge while in Dallas, and then fill up before heading home.

I'm still watching to see if there is any progress. The Red Hot & Blue is already looking a lot nicer on the outside and the TreeHouse is taking shape. I'm not exactly sure where the Superchargers are going to be, but the lot on the TreeHouse side remains unpaved at this time. They're currently repaving right in front of Red Hot & Blue, but heavy construction vehicles are being used with the TreeHouse construction, so it might be a while until that gets paved. I pass it by on the highway, so it's hard to get a detailed look though.

• Informative
Reactions: Model S M.D.