Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Danville, CA - 3380 Black Hawk Plaza (LIVE 4 Jun 2024, 16 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V4 is designed for other makes (longer cables, built in CCS). $0.44 is cheaper than EA and others. Tesla doesn’t NEED to do anything involving taking a loss to draw business.
set a lower tier price then gradually increase it once it gets busy
sure it's V4 but the location is very residential suburban, i am sure tesla owners charge at home in that area.
just my 2cents 🤷‍♂️

We hit this one today as just a "I charged here" stop. It is definitely way out of the way for enabling highway travel, so not so useful for that. Only one other vehicle was there at the time (around 11:30 AM). I had only seen pictures of the V4 before, so I was a bit surprised on the size - bigger than I had expected. For some reason the pictures made me think of the urban charger size. Looks like it fixes many of the issues of differently located charge ports although likely not for ports on the right rear (which it seems would still have to use the "wrong" cable from the charger for the next space).

We hit this one today as just a "I charged here" stop. It is definitely way out of the way for enabling highway travel, so not so useful for that. Only one other vehicle was there at the time (around 11:30 AM). I had only seen pictures of the V4 before, so I was a bit surprised on the size - bigger than I had expected. For some reason the pictures made me think of the urban charger size. Looks like it fixes many of the issues of differently located charge ports although likely not for ports on the right rear (which it seems would still have to use the "wrong" cable from the charger for the next space).
With the longer cords they should be able to back in and charge from the proper post. But this would require signage explaining who should pull in forward and who should back in. Maybe a future guide that can be in the app for non Tesla users.