Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Destin, FL - US-98

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
March 2:
IMG_1265.jpeg
No meter installed yet.

Hello, I'm new to Tesla and getting ready to purchase a Model Y and will be using this Supercharger as my main charging as I live in a condo. How can I figure out how much I'll be spending on using superchargers only? Thank you in advance.

Hello, I'm new to Tesla and getting ready to purchase a Model Y and will be using this Supercharger as my main charging as I live in a condo. How can I figure out how much I'll be spending on using superchargers only? Thank you in advance.

IMO, if you can't charge at home you should reconsider a Tesla. In this area, it's .32 to .37 per KWH at superchargers, and less than half that to charge at home.

That said, this isn't the thread for that kind of discussion. That's a better topic for the general discussion subforums.

Reactions: phaphaphooey
I went to the car and looked up prices for the closest 4 stations, all 0.34 $/kWh. (Crestview, Defuniak, Navarre, Panama City)
Now how much will you use per mile? My Model 3 (highway use, 80,000 miles) 290 Wh/mi. My Model Y (mixed use, 6,000 miles) 280 Wh/mi. The car calculates this. So say 300 Wh/mi (if you have a lead foot) that is 0.3 kWh/mi.
Finally 0.34*0.3 =0.102 $/mi
Like HollywoodSX said home is much cheaper 0.14*0.3 = 0.042 $/mi
But 300 miles being $30, not bad.
... work on your Condo to get chargers installed.

Reactions: ablack2004
IMO, if you can't charge at home you should reconsider a Tesla. In this area, it's .32 to .37 per KWH at superchargers, and less than half that to charge at home.

That said, this isn't the thread for that kind of discussion. That's a better topic for the general discussion subforums.
Inconvenience is always better than gas...chargers will only be more and more common so will become less and less of an issue.
A

Reactions: RobbyK
Inconvenience is always better than gas...chargers will only be more and more common so will become less and less of an issue.
A

A
HollywoodSX, I only brought it up in this thread is because I will be using this charger as my primary, as I live just a couple miles from it. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers LOL. Some people are so uptight!!!

HollywoodSX, I only brought it up in this thread is because I will be using this charger as my primary, as I live just a couple miles from it. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers LOL. Some people are so uptight!!!

No idea why you thought I had ruffled feathers or was uptight, but this thread is for discussion of the Supercharger location in question. There's not very many people watching this thread due to that scope. You'd get a lot more info and feedback if you made a post in the Model Y subforum.

I visited the Destin Florida Tesla Superchargers near Winn Dixie on March 3, 2024 and all 10 stalls were without power. The site looks ready to go on-line.

Attachments

• Destin SC.jpeg
    Destin SC.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 17
You can charge (level 2) at Destin Commons for free. Last time I was there, one of the plugs wasn’t working, but three were working.

Reactions: HollywoodSX