Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dickson TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info. I actually left Memphis yesterday with an 80% charge and when I got to Jackson, I knew I had to Super Charge since I had to drive on to Hendersonville (NE of Nashville) to get home. When I arrived at the Jackson, TN Super Charger, I had about 35% left. I then charged to 80% thinking I might be able to get home but my nav said that I would only have 11% when I got home, so I decided that was cutting it too close so I went ahead and super charged up to near 100%. My nav said I would have about 30% when I got home so I was comfortable with that. I actually picked up some range since I was being very good and not speeding. There were a lot of law enforcement out on I40 yesterday so I just set my cruise control at the speed limit, turned on Enhanced Auto Pilot and cruised home. I arrived home with 35% and set my charge to 80% and plugged the charger in and it all worked out. I am just glad there were no issues with the Jackson, TN Super Charger because if there had been, I am not quite sure what I would have done. I guess I would have had to use the other electric car chargers in Jackson.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
CBP, I tend to agree. It's not quite all in Dickson's hands. Some federal dollars area involved and you know how slow the government is to fork over cash, but they sure are fast to collect it ;-) Yes, cities know that SC stops can cause some extra business, yet tends to be low on the priority list. FYI, Clarksville off I24 and Lebanon on I40 are future SCs, but its 2018 so obviously not helping anyone now.
Thanks for the info. I actually left Memphis yesterday with an 80% charge and when I got to Jackson, I knew I had to Super Charge since I had to drive on to Hendersonville (NE of Nashville) to get home. When I arrived at the Jackson, TN Super Charger, I had about 35% left. I then charged to 80% thinking I might be able to get home but my nav said that I would only have 11% when I got home, so I decided that was cutting it too close so I went ahead and super charged up to near 100%. My nav said I would have about 30% when I got home so I was comfortable with that. I actually picked up some range since I was being very good and not speeding. There were a lot of law enforcement out on I40 yesterday so I just set my cruise control at the speed limit, turned on Enhanced Auto Pilot and cruised home. I arrived home with 35% and set my charge to 80% and plugged the charger in and it all worked out. I am just glad there were no issues with the Jackson, TN Super Charger because if there had been, I am not quite sure what I would have done. I guess I would have had to use the other electric car chargers in Jackson. cbp

Dickson is temporarily closed per Tesla's nav system...are you able to update supercharge.info? @BlueShift
I got that message today on the cars Nav system when I was leaving Athens, AL to head to Dickson, so I called Tesla to find out what was going on. They said their info showed that it was open, but a couple of stalls might have sub-optimal amperage. I charged here late afternoon with no problem, and there were a couple of other X's came in while I was there. The first X did move from his initial SpC to another - I asked him if the first one had problems - he said the cable had been on the ground and was dirty, that's why he moved.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: CBPfromTN and FlyF4
It ISN'T fixed. P85D with a perfect battery, < 20 DCFC sessions over 3 years.

Drove thru here going East 2 days ago. Electrician was digging a trench around chargers 2A and 2B, his truck was blocking 3A&B, I used 4B. Was full of mud; I cleaned it off plugged in and it went to 114kW. I was the only car plugged in. I only needed 20 minute; by that time it was down to 91kW.

Today drove back this time going West. Electricians (plural) were now blocking all the 3s and had the 4 taken apart. I plugged into 2A. Went to 116; it had been cloudy/overcast/rainy all day, it was 3PM and raining lightly, and ambient temp was 59. My battery was warm but not hot (had already DCFC at a Chademo at 29 kW for 30 minutes, louvers closed). I was the only car plugged in. Walked over to O'Charley's, (forgot to turn on remote access so couldn't monitor charging session) and came back 40 minutes later. Started at SOC 8%, finished at 55%, was receiving 28kW at that point. And this was the charger they had just dug up.

So, it does get up to 110+ kW but doesn't maintain that power level. No I didn't call Tesla. Was driving alone, in the rain nearing dusk.

It ISN'T fixed. P85D with a perfect battery, < 20 DCFC sessions over 3 years.

Drove thru here going East 2 days ago. Electrician was digging a trench around chargers 2A and 2B, his truck was blocking 3A&B, I used 4B. Was full of mud; I cleaned it off plugged in and it went to 114kW. I was the only car plugged in. I only needed 20 minute; by that time it was down to 91kW.

Today drove back this time going West. Electricians (plural) were now blocking all the 3s and had the 4 taken apart. I plugged into 2A. Went to 116; it had been cloudy/overcast/rainy all day, it was 3PM and raining lightly, and ambient temp was 59. My battery was warm but not hot (had already DCFC at a Chademo at 29 kW for 30 minutes, louvers closed). I was the only car plugged in. Walked over to O'Charley's, (forgot to turn on remote access so couldn't monitor charging session) and came back 40 minutes later. Started at SOC 8%, finished at 55%, was receiving 28kW at that point. And this was the charger they had just dug up.

So, it does get up to 110+ kW but doesn't maintain that power level. No I didn't call Tesla. Was driving alone, in the rain nearing dusk.
Thanks for your report. At LEAST they are working on it and that is NEW NEWS. Wouldn't it be nice if SOMEONE would keep us posted on what is happening with these non-functioning Super Charging stations? YES, IT WOULD.
I absolutely appreciate your post, I am happy they are working on it but I had no idea that the "fix" would involve the actual chargers! Sounds like they were not installed correctly to begin with and that, to me, is NOT GOOD.
I would like to know what the heck is going on? Why can WE NOT be notified of progress on a Super Charger that has been (if nothing else) absolutely USELESS pretty much since it was installed.....
There ARE people who NEED THIS SUPER CHARGER. So, what's the "current" story? Anyone KNOW???

I stopped at the Dickson charger on Sat April 28. Charger 2A worked fine, talked to the lady at the hotel desk, she said they had been out a couple days before to fix it. I didn't need to stop on May 1 when I headed back east so not sure if it was still working normally at that time.

Reactions: CSFTN and akotin
All good in 2023.
PXL_20230402_162712318.jpg
PXL_20230402_162739151.jpg
PXL_20230402_162747152.MP.jpg
PXL_20230402_162825253.jpg
PXL_20230402_162845000.jpg

Reactions: JPWhite