Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dothan, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this site showed 0 of 12 stalls available in the in car navigation for the past 2 days, so I decided to swing by to see what’s going on. Turns out all 12 stalls were available, so that seems odd. My charge session never exceeded 42 kw though. My car did suggest to precondition next time, but that still seems too slow. Any ideas?
RWD M3? 176/272=65% soc. In optimal conditions you would be looking at ~65kw max. In cold weather with a cold battery, you did well at 42kw.

There could also be issues with the site, communications down and reduced performance to ensure there aren't any issues.

So this site showed 0 of 12 stalls available in the in car navigation for the past 2 days, so I decided to swing by to see what’s going on. Turns out all 12 stalls were available, so that seems odd. My charge session never exceeded 42 kw though. My car did suggest to precondition next time, but that still seems too slow though. Any ideas?
RWD M3? 176/272=65% soc. In optimal conditions you would be looking at ~65kw max. In cold weather with a cold battery, you did well at 42kw.

There could also be issues with the site, communications down and reduced performance to ensure there aren't any issues.

This is a long range RWD model 3. I guess at 65% soc 42kw is not bad, but in my case I arrived at 30%, and the session seemed to be capped at 42kw with 160 mi/hr. I will try it again in warmer weather next time.

I have called Tesla each Wednesday for the last two weeks, as the site has been down since the thunderstorms a l ittle over three weeks ago. I was told it would be up at midnight last thursday, but still showed 0/12 on thursday. I go to Dothan every week on biz. I did load up in Marianna just in case. I will do the same again tomorrow. However, I hope is up this week. It is very nice to have the option.

• Informative
Reactions: 1speed
Back in town, the "in car" charge locations still shows 0/12. Called Tesla again, new "end" date is 25th....although they did say January, at this point I am beginning to wonder if they have the right month :).

Edit: May go by later this afternoon and see what it looks like onsite.

I have called Tesla each Wednesday for the last two weeks, as the site has been down since the thunderstorms a l ittle over three weeks ago. I was told it would be up at midnight last thursday, but still showed 0/12 on thursday. I go to Dothan every week on biz. I did load up in Marianna just in case. I will do the same again tomorrow. However, I hope is up this week. It is very nice to have the option.
@Jfranc27 in post #62 reported all chargers were working (reduced speed) a little over a week ago even though the car was reporting 0/12.

• Informative
Reactions: 1speed and ChrisC
I only got one. However, all the covers looked like they had been open at some point. Whomever has been doing the work, broke several pieces on them and the bottom fasteners are missing on all of them. I wonder if they were vandalized?
IMG_20240123_144055794.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Mrbrock
I only got one. However, all the covers looked like they had been open at some point. Whomever has been doing the work, broke several pieces on them and the bottom fasteners are missing on all of them. I wonder if they were vandalized?View attachment 1011777
Protective bollards/signs have all been removed. The post looks like it was backed into which caused the cover to break based on the angle. They might have been prepping these for magic docks (they seem to be removing the bollards when they do that). Hopefully they see that removing the bollards leads to damage and they just leave the bollards and signs where they are.

Charged here yesterday and it was fully operational. Charge started at 250kw. Tesla support said it wasn’t working when I called before going, so not sure what the issue is there. Also doesn’t show up in my charging history on the Tesla app, presumably due to the connectivity issue.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Charged here yesterday and it was fully operational. Charge started at 250kw. Tesla support said it wasn’t working when I called before going, so not sure what the issue is there. Also doesn’t show up in my charging history on the Tesla app, presumably due to the connectivity issue.
Tesla support is a joke. They just looked at their app it it shows 0 of 12. If there is a communication issue, they have as much data as you do in the app and in the car.

You won't show a charge since there wasn't communication with home during your charge. However, the car measures the amount of energy so it will report that to Tesla and you will be charged.

I can confirm that it is still working as of this morning as well, despite showing 0 of 12 stalls still. My charge is only 52 kw, similar to before at 51 degrees, but that’s probably due to lack of preconditioning. That is pretty strange how the site is still showing as down for the past 2 weeks. This can definitely cause anxiety for folks traveling through Dothan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: theothertom
I can confirm that it is still working as of this morning as well, despite showing 0 of 12 stalls still. My charge is only 52 kw, similar to before at 51 degrees, but that’s probably due to lack of preconditioning. That is pretty strange how the site is still showing as down for the past 2 weeks. This can definitely cause anxiety for folks traveling through Dothan.
I think the fact that it doesn’t show some type of estimated wait is a clue there isn’t communication and the 0 of 12 shouldn’t be believed. The app doesnt even show anything about wha is available, more of a clue there isn’t communication. Normal behavior would be to show 0 available and either a short wait or an estimated wait.
1706459110286.png1706459383024.png

Reactions: Big Earl
Wow, thanks for the report, and welcome to the forum!

Can the next person here get a photo of the restored site, including one showing magic docks (or lack thereof) to answer that inevitable question?
I stopped by again yesterday and took a few pictures. I'm not sure what the magic docks look like, but think these looked like the normal connectors.

Attachments

• IMG_3917.jpeg
    IMG_3917.jpeg
    684.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3918.jpeg
    IMG_3918.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3919.jpeg
    IMG_3919.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Informative
Reactions: Mrbrock and ChrisC
I stopped by again yesterday and took a few pictures. I'm not sure what the magic docks look like, but think these looked like the normal connectors.
Magic Dock has a CCS adapter, which means an adapter with the larger plug.
So it looks a lot chunkier.
If you look at a Magic Dock socket you can see the outline of the adapter in it.

You see a similar outline of the adapter in the V4 stall sockets, but it's embedded into the stall shell.

• Informative
Reactions: Mrbrock and ChrisC