Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dover, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged here this afternoon on the way back to PA. All but 3 stalls were blocked. It looks like this is going to be a staging area for the construction on the building. I mentioned to the staff inside that I was lucky to find a place to charge and they didn't seem to care at all.

IMG_20190512_142913.jpg

IMG_20190512_142915.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Drew
Thanks for the update. Given Tesla is on a separate service they shouldn't loose power.

Did it look like they were going to redo the black top that would block access to the chargers? Temp fences anywhere close? I'll be heading that way in a couple weeks.
Alternatively you can use Newark on I95 than go down route 1 to Lewes De. SC at the WaWa there. There is also a level 2 for emergency st the Royal Farms location on route 1 in Milford about 10 miles south of Dover.

I called Wawa today. Even though the store is closed, they have a trailer outside to assist gas customers. They informed me all of the Tesla charging stations are blocked off and not available. I noticed in the Tesla app, it says 8/8 available but the red tear drop icon has a circle with a line through it. The other nearby superchargers have a lighting bolt in the red tear drop.

There is a gate that blocks off the rear of the store where the Supercharger stations are located. The store manager is supposed to txt me when the Supercharger stations re-open. He said they are remodeling the outside first. Once the outside is completed they should be able to open the Supercharger stations before the June 14 store re-opening. I'll post updates here whenever he txts me.

20190515_114852.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and KerryOH
Any update on this situation?

I really need this one in the next couple days :)

The North Dover Wawa store phone number is (302) 678-2385 if you want to call them. I stopped in last Wed and they informed me it did not seem like the Superchargers would be available until the store re-opens on 6/14. The gate was still around the back of the store blocking entry to the Superchargers. I saw your profile that says 640+ unique supercharger visits and that you are from Seattle. Very cool! If you want this one, you may have to stay in town for another week and half. Have you stopped at these others close by? These are some of the closest Superchargers to Dover:

They have 12 Superchargers in Newark, DE 42 miles north of the North Dover Wawa.
They have 12 Superchargers in Grasonsville, MD 47 miles west of the North Dover Wawa.
They have 8 Superchargers in Lewes, DE (beach) 41 miles south of the North Dover Wawa.

If you only need a fast charge, Royal Farms in South Dover (by the Air Base on Lebanon Rd) has 2 DC CHAdeMO charging stations run by ChargePoint. It is 6.4 miles from the North Dover Wawa. They are not free and you would need the CHAdeMO adapter. When they first opened 2 years ago, I would get between 132-170 mi/hr charge using the CHAdeMO adapter.

I saw your profile that says 640+ unique supercharger visits and that you are from Seattle. Very cool! If you want this one, you may have to stay in town for another week and half.
I want it, but not that badly! I'm actually approaching 700 superchargers. Will update my signature after this trip!

And yes, I've been to all the nearby ones on previous trips. The nearby ones I'm hitting today are Paulsboro, Baltimore and Annapolis. At Marlton right now :)

Anyways, thanks for all the info. Situation looks bleak in Dover!

I went to Wawa today. The rear fence is gone but they have the rear of the store coned off. From what I could see, it appeared all of the building material that was being stored in the rear parking area was gone. There were a few construction vehicles parked in the charging spots. The manager said the superchargers are still closed and they would be open this Friday, June 14th, at 6:00 am when the store re-opens from the remodel.