Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dover, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charged successfully Friday evening at this location. They were all open. The store was remodeled and re-opened last Friday morning. When the store was closed for the remodel, the Wawa manager had called Tesla to inform them the Superchargers would be inaccessible during the store remodel. The Superchargers were never turned off by Tesla. Tesla only changes the status in the car and also in the app. The app shows "Nearby Superchargers" and the red tear drop for Dover, DE had changed from a lightning bolt to a circle with a diagonal line through it indicating it was closed. They both should be back to normal now. The manager had informed me during the remodel, a Tesla owner actually opened the fence, squeezed in-between the building material, and proceeded to charge his car stating it was his right to charge there. The manager said the car was charging. He threatened to call the police and the Tesla driver left.

It appears a vehicle ran into or backed into charging station 1b. It is tilted back about 10 degrees. I did not try it. I did charge successfully on 1a. I called it in to Tesla.

20210217_132424.jpg

Wawa in Dover now has Wawa curbside delivered to your charging parking space. They added numbers to the Tesla sign at each Tesla charging parking spot.
View attachment 658399
I saw this at a couple Wawas back east on a recent trip. And the McDonald's at the Firebaugh, CA supercharger does the same thing. I would imagine SHEETZ will follow suit. Eventually they'll need to let you order in the app while en route to the supercharger and then add your stall number to the order when you arrive. Most people would rather eat while charging than eat while driving away from the supercharger, and charging times are only getting faster.

I noticed the number of available Superchargers at this location has not been correct for quite some time. Today I arrived with 2 others charging. It said 3 of 8 are available. They both left and it still said 3 of 8 available on both the android app and on my cars screen. I called it in to Tesla service. They were not reporting any outages at this site. They are looking in to the problem.

I noticed the number of available Superchargers at this location has not been correct for quite some time. Today I arrived with 2 others charging. It said 3 of 8 are available. They both left and it still said 3 of 8 available on both the android app and on my cars screen. I called it in to Tesla service. They were not reporting any outages at this site. They are looking in to the problem.
Common problem at superchargers everywhere.