Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Dwight IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just heard back from my FOIA request with the Village of Dwight.

Tesla has leased space and received permits for superchargers in the parking lot of the existing gas stations at 100 Watters Dr. in Dwight IL (This location shows to be a Caseys according to google maps).

Edit: A few interesting notes from the FOIA request. The application was submitted October 14, 2019 and permit issued on 4/28/2020. There is no detail of number of stalls, but the estimated project cost is $150,000.

Last edited:
Dwight, IL

Along Primary Interstates: I-55
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: IL-17
Also Along: Old Route 66

I-55

To: Bolingbrook, IL - 55 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: US-41 Chicago, IL - 77.7 miles

To: North Aurora, IL (I-55,IL-47-US-30,IL-56-I-88) - 54.7 miles
To: Aurora - IL-59, IL (I-55,IL-59) - 55 miles
To: Country Club Hills, IL (I-55,I-80,I-57) - 61.4 miles
To: Lafayette, IN (IL-17,l,US-52,I-65,IN-26) - 122 miles
To: Gilman, IL (IL-47, US-24) - 46.9 miles
To: Veedersburg, IN (IL-17,l,US-52,US-41) - 126.2 miles
To: Peoria - N Sheridan Rd, IL (I-55, US-24, US-150) - 78.3 miles
To: Peru, IL (IL-17, IL-251, IL-18, I-39, IL-251) - 55.8 miles

Splits the 108 mile gap on I-55 between Normal, IL and Bolingbrook, IL.
It's also on I-17 and on IL-47, which is old Route 66 at Dwight, IL.

Reactions: PStewart
Just heard back from my FOIA request with the Village of Dwight.

Tesla has leased space and received permits for superchargers in the parking lot of the existing gas stations at 100 Watters Dr. in Dwight IL (This location shows to be a Caseys according to google maps).

Edit: A few interesting notes from the FOIA request. The application was submitted October 14, 2019 and permit issued on 4/28/2020. There is no detail of number of stalls, but the estimated project cost is $150,000.
Drove by Casey’s in Dwight this evening. No evidence of any supercharge construction. I really wish this supercharger would get built. I drive between Springfield, IL and Chicago All the time and this spot would be perfect for a Supercharger station, close to the interstate with some amenities near by. The one in Bloomington is too far off the highway and just not very convenient, I only stop there unless it is absolutely necessary. This would also eliminate the need to stop by the Bolingbrook location, easing pressure on the very busy supercharger location.

Drove by Casey’s in Dwight this evening. No evidence of any supercharge construction. I really wish this supercharger would get built. I drive between Springfield, IL and Chicago All the time and this spot would be perfect for a Supercharger station, close to the interstate with some amenities near by. The one in Bloomington is too far off the highway and just not very convenient, I only stop there unless it is absolutely necessary. This would also eliminate the need to stop by the Bolingbrook location, easing pressure on the very busy supercharger location.
Agreed. I live in Normal and can't imagine how much that supercharger must suck on a trip.

I will say, the Wallys in Pontiac has a ChaDemo port and a Tesla adapter inside (Leave your ID to borrow). Expensive and slow...but makes for a good emergency stop right off the interstate.

I had been waiting for this one for a couple of years, as the round trip from Chicago to Pontiac was a regular thing for me. In the summer it was not a problem making the round trip on a single charge, but in winter less so. However, I left that job a week ago. Oh well, nice to see it if moving forward anyway. I also used to make the trip to Springfield quarterly and agree that Bloomington is inconvenient. I actually would take 57 and go through Champaign to avoid the need to stop there.

Hi guys....I'm a truck driver and I was trying to make a delivery to 100 watters in Dwight. My BOL is for Tesla and I'm carrying 6 skids worth of electrical cable. I believe this is for your charging station. I came across this forum as I was searching online for the place that I needed to make my delivery, since my BOL never said it was a Casey's gas station that I should deliver to, it just said tesla ( I thought I was at the wrong place) Just thought I'd let you guys know!

Hi guys....I'm a truck driver and I was trying to make a delivery to 100 watters in Dwight. My BOL is for Tesla and I'm carrying 6 skids worth of electrical cable. I believe this is for your charging station. I came across this forum as I was searching online for the place that I needed to make my delivery, since my BOL never said it was a Casey's gas station that I should deliver to, it just said tesla ( I thought I was at the wrong place) Just thought I'd let you guys know!
That is great. Thanks for letting us know!

I can also confirm that I just finished unloading 2 supercharging units from a semi (they where heavy, I helped him out) that was here before me. Just in case you were wondering how many spots there would be.
👍 Thanks again for keeping us updated! I was curious about that. Had hoped there might be a few more stations as this stop may become popular with us folks going in and out of the city on I55. But 2 is a lot better than 0. 😊 Thanks also for helping make it happen!

Reactions: Big Earl
Stopped by today while on my way south definitely 8 pedestals driven by two cabinets.
D825F5FD-86D2-4AD5-8D7C-A05E254F6F0A.jpeg

422637B9-0759-42E7-820F-E7216ECFA06A.jpeg