Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Centro, CA (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Email this morning from the folks at Imperial Irrigation District:

Schettler, Robert D
Today at 10:10 AM
Hellos, our construction crews are working on pulling the primary and service conductors today.

The riser pole is scheduled to be set tomorrow.

Construction should be completed by tomorrow, or at the latest Wednesday (Dec. 24)

The Tesla Motor’s Supercharger should be energized by this Wednesday (12-24-2014) or at the latest by Friday the 26th/

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

The riser pole is scheduled to be set tomorrow.

Construction should be completed by tomorrow, or at the latest Wednesday (Dec. 24)

The Tesla Motor’s Supercharger should be energized by this Wednesday (12-24-2014) or at the latest by Friday the 26th/

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks,
We would all love to this this happen so soon (yeah, its been a looooong time), but it has often taken weeks to get an inspection/approval after the construction is done. We can cross our fingers and toes!

The transformer is now installed. There was power to the cable that enabled the charge port door to open, but otherwise the charger is not active. Looks like the only thing left is for Tesla to come run the final diagnostics and activate the superchargers. Should be active in a couple days, definitely by end of 2014.
354ccd1812de59dec72a6dd0ad8806df.jpg
bbe79bac2f488f31ff6fcce5bc327695.jpg
a3cfd0a1ddd9c6ecfb7f363a2e150939.jpg

The transformer is now installed. There was power to the cable that enabled the charge port door to open, but otherwise the charger is not active. Looks like the only thing left is for Tesla to come run the final diagnostics and activate the superchargers. Should be active in a couple days, definitely by end of 2014. /QUOTE]

Great news! Maybe we''ll get an early Christmas present and it will go live today.

The transformer is now installed. There was power to the cable that enabled the charge port door to open, but otherwise the charger is not active. Looks like the only thing left is for Tesla to come run the final diagnostics and activate the superchargers. Should be active in a couple days, definitely by end of 2014.

bbe79bac2f488f31ff6fcce5bc327695.jpg

Thanks for the report and pictures!

1,000 kVA! That is enough for 12-14 stalls. Good to see that the the transformers are being sized for future growth!

I was there Christmas Eve (sadly the SC was dark)...and will probably be there again on Sunday. Indio to El Centro and back in a 60 is a challenge, we left Indio with 190 and returned with 4 and it was 55-60 all the way. Now I can enjoy the ride.

Thank you Tesla!!!!

This is great news!! I love seeing happy children that will hopefully never have known anything else other than fully electric auto transportation!! AWESOME!!!!!!
Travel to/from San Diego CA/Phoenix AZ/Tucson AZ is now a breeze! ....and what a great location for a lunch stop and a little relaxation along the way. The El Centro Supercharger makes it so much easier to just get up and go to the coast for a day or two from the Central Arizona neck of the woods! This Tesla experience just keeps getting better and better!

Looking forward..... 'Soon' ....connections to the east and southeast through Albuquerque NM, I-40 and El Paso, TX I-10 and onto I-20 etc.!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

No one else charging and got a full charge while watching the Charger Kansas City game and drinking a beer at Burgers and Beer. On to Celia's (Sobe's is closed on Sundays) for special quesadilla. Also noticed 3G dropped around Jacumba for about 10 minutes.

Last edited:
We charged there last night on thawed back to San Diego. We were all "alone" with no other Teslas in sight the whole time (just like Gila Bend, Casa Grande and Yuma)

IMG_0267.JPG

The chargers are so new the wrapping was still on the cords :)

I really like the lit Tesla logos, it helps locate them from a distance in the parking lot at night (I forgot they are by Sears)

Also, note the mall closes at 10pm Monday-Saturday. We got there at 10:30, and we lucky that one "family" restroom was still open (all the others were closed for cleaning). I'm not sure when the mall doors are locked.

We charged there last night on thawed back to San Diego. We were all "alone" with no other Teslas in sight the whole time (just like Gila Bend, Casa Grande and Yuma)

View attachment 67322

The chargers are so new the wrapping was still on the cords :)

I really like the lit Tesla logos, it helps locate them from a distance in the parking lot at night (I forgot they are by Sears)

Also, note the mall closes at 10pm Monday-Saturday. We got there at 10:30, and we lucky that one "family" restroom was still open (all the others were closed for cleaning). I'm not sure when the mall doors are locked.

Is that Super Charger stall labeled as a handicap spot? Is this common?

This is great news!! I love seeing happy children that will hopefully never have known anything else other than fully electric auto transportation!! AWESOME!!!!!!
Travel to/from San Diego CA/Phoenix AZ/Tucson AZ is now a breeze!

Yes! Most of the motive these kids will grow up with will be muscle, and electric, which is cool as heck.

Today, we burned about 30 "reserve" miles going over the coastal range from Chula Vista to El Centro; I.e. Left w about 175, had 117 to go and arrived with 25 or so, little wind.

Amp'n up:
image.jpg