Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Centro, CA (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The stalls look complete but are wrapped in caution tape. Two workers there today doing clean up......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 573
Wow! The support for this thread is getting stronger! I really appreciate the new updates, especially beto1118, liuping, and Gregsbeach for the new photos! :smile:

Here are some progress updates in pictures:

The landscape is updated, and the doors as well. No padmount transformer yet though:

2014-12-14 13.48.01.jpg

2014-12-14 13.48.36.jpg

Sign posts are installed:

2014-12-14 13.49.01.jpg

2014-12-14 13.45.57.jpg

The Supercharger:

2014-12-14 13.44.23.jpg

2014-12-14 13.47.18.jpg

2014-12-14 13.45.21.jpg

2014-12-14 13.46.33.jpg

2014-12-14 13.46.54.jpg

I've had a thought for a while about drive in supercharging pedestals.... "I think the drive style type helps prevent icing." I prefer the back in style as far as appearance is concerned however, the back in style, although clearly marked for Tesla parking only, doesn't seem to have the same impact {don't even think about parking here} on icers. Anyone else thinking similarly?

Drive in would reduce the chance of being ice'd by 70%? A lot more effective then signs, cones or funny locking pictures painted on the asphalt.

The Cheyenne SpC has four, nose-in stalls. Putting the pedestals out away from the curb should have a positive effect on ICEing, but it also puts the pedestals at risk for damage from snow plows and careless S drivers (the spacing between pedestals is pretty tight).

The Cheyenne SpC has four, nose-in stalls. Putting the pedestals out away from the curb should have a positive effect on ICEing, but it also puts the pedestals at risk for damage from snow plows and careless S drivers (the spacing between pedestals is pretty tight).
While careless Model S drivers can certainly be an issue there, in El Centro I think the risk of damage from snowplows can safely be ignored!:wink: El Centro, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Except in Fremont where one was trying to back into the SC and 'accidently' went forward full speed - hitting the sign next to the Delivery center and grazing the bldg.

Did they push it back onto the line at the factory for repair? :smile: I was at a Motorcycle dealer for an BBQ a few years back and a someone picked up their bike which had been in the shop being repaired after a previous accident. He rode out of the back of the shop, then decided as he was going down the street in front of the shop to pull a wheelie...in his zeal, he twelve o'clocked it fell on his backside and the bike continued going backwards and eventually rested on the ground. The owner of the shop, asked the guy if he was OK, then put the bike back on two wheels and pushed it back into the shop.

Did they push it back onto the line at the factory for repair? :smile: I was at a Motorcycle dealer for an BBQ a few years back and a someone picked up their bike which had been in the shop being repaired after a previous accident. He rode out of the back of the shop, then decided as he was going down the street in front of the shop to pull a wheelie...in his zeal, he twelve o'clocked it fell on his backside and the bike continued going backwards and eventually rested on the ground. The owner of the shop, asked the guy if he was OK, then put the bike back on two wheels and pushed it back into the shop.

Sorry, not sure how to link this, but here's the URL

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...-Crash-This-time-into-the-delivery-sign/page7

- my msg 67 but a pic on page 1

The official Supercharger maps of North America have been updated.

From left to right we see: Now Open - End of 2014 - Soon - 2015.

If you look at the End of 2014 map of North America, then you see a red dot in El Centro, right?
This should mean that the El Centro, CA Supercharger station should go live before 2015, right?

If you look at the End of 2014 map of North America, then you see a red dot in El Centro, right?
This should mean that the El Centro, CA Supercharger station should go live before 2015, right?

That is a good hope through Tesla's optimistic and fuzzy lens.

Let's hope!

You also see the same thing for the Manteca Supercharger.
All we can do is hope.
At the Manteca location the foreman said the work would be complete before the end of the year. I am sure he meant HIS scope of work. Looking at other historical information from other sites, the utility connection is always last. From my personal experience with PG&E (the utility company where I live), you can't count on the utility to meet a construction deadline.

From my personal experience with PG&E (the utility company where I live), you can't count on the utility to meet a construction deadline.

Of course not. Nobody would want them to. When there's a severe storm, or some other problem causes a widespread outage, it's all hands on deck until that's dealt with. Construction projects and indeed pretty much all other things go into a day for day slip. Utilities lend each other personnel as needed, so the problem can be non-local as well. You wouldn't want it any other way.

Of course not. Nobody would want them to. When there's a severe storm, or some other problem causes a widespread outage, it's all hands on deck until that's dealt with. Construction projects and indeed pretty much all other things go into a day for day slip. Utilities lend each other personnel as needed, so the problem can be non-local as well. You wouldn't want it any other way.

Well... Certainly in the supercharger world Tesla has been the major mover, and the public utility is almost always the hold-up. I would love to try it another way, in fact I'm about to go for becoming my own private utility after I contract with another private company (SCTY). I'm sure El Centro would already be on-line if there were a practical solar/battery alternative, for example. Soon, soon.