Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Elk Grove, CA - Elk Grove Blvd. (LIVE 21 Jul 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how much pull Elon has about this sort of thing, but the headline at least gives some hope that it won't be (more) months on end:

Elon Musk: Tesla is speeding up production and installations of Supercharger V3

There are a number of aspects of Supercharger construction that are out of Tesla's direct control. Permitting and local utility hookup are two that seem to generally be problematic (and weather, in some other parts of the country). Increased Supercharger production, while a good thing overall, won't solve those.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: TonyPham and Chuq
We have some action at the Supercharger this morning!

Attachments

• IMG_2840.jpg
    IMG_2840.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2841.jpg
    IMG_2841.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 64
I haven't been paying much attention to the supercharger map it seems, I just noticed this pin on the map! Anyways I updated supercharge.info to 16 stalls (early on it sounded like there were going to be 12). Also after any changes are made to the site, the city performs final inspection before it can go live. I looked up the permit for this location which you can find here along with its inspections: eTRAKiT (search for permit number 19-05167)

It appears that final inspection was approved 6/16 and the meter scheduled to be connected on 6/24 and is listed as "approved", but a note was left behind "Re-sent to SMUD, final by -snip-". A week later is when @Wnix05 had the conversation with SMUD, so I guess that's where we're at now. I don't know if any more updates will come from the city permit portal, but it might be worth checking.

I was by there today and smud linemen were making cable connections to transformer. They indicated that by end of day the power would be supplied to the site and it would be up to Tesla to flip the switch....apparently the meter approval from 6/26 was not the whole story...they were connecting 8 sets of385 amp power cabling (approx 500kw each) which would complete the power to the site. I assume that with only Tesla QC needed, we could be on line soon
41DC58D9-E6DF-458D-9A49-51869DE6EC98.jpeg