Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Enfield, Ireland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like the "Enfield" dot on Tesla's official map is one of the very few that was not moved to "coming in 2018" status recently, and instead went direct to "coming soon" status. This suggests it is in the final stages of construction.

In addition, the dot is located at the Applegreen services area, not in the town of Enfield itself, suggesting this is the specific location.

Tesla have also partnered with Applegreen in other locations (e.g. Castlebellingham)

All this points towards this site currently being under construction, so despite not having any actual photos I've very confident of submitting as such on supercharge.info :)

It is possible that there will be both a westbound and eastbound site (like Castlebellingham) but no hard evidence of this, so it would be nice if someone local was able to head to the location and find out for sure!

Interesting... the marker is quite deliberately at the service centre and not a generic "Enfield" marker (the town is about 5 km away). Also is marked as "Opening soon" - something that is limited to sites in the final stages of construction. Please let us know what you find out, @itjamie!

upload_2018-1-5_0-2-6.png

This site is quite elusive....

I searched both the Co Meath and Co Kildare planning applications ... nothing showing up there. I just sent an email off to Applegreen to ask.

Since I started this thread and submitted the location to sc.info in the first place, I feel responsible to get a resolution!

Why is this thread tagged "United Kingdom".

I think if you start a new post the system creates "United Kingdom" and "Ireland" tag, because the Sub-Forum is "United Kingdom and Ireland", and you have to actively notice & remove it if you don't want it ...

... I've thought that was a bit daft in the past. Labelling every single post in the sub-forum with those TAGs doesn't, then, differentiate anything ... but not sure its worth fixing?

I think if you start a new post the system creates "United Kingdom" and "Ireland" tag, because the Sub-Forum is "United Kingdom and Ireland", and you have to actively notice & remove it if you don't want it ...

... I've thought that was a bit daft in the past. Labelling every single post in the sub-forum with those TAGs doesn't, then, differentiate anything ... but not sure its worth fixing?

Looks like that's exactly what happens. My guess is the forum admins plan to move from a structured forum to a tag based section later (ie. the forums will become links to pre-configured searches for posts with those tags - basically allows a post to exist in multiple forums at once). Anyway, I've taken the "United Kingdom" tag off this one :)

Has anyone any idea of next progress on Superchargers in Ireland now that Castlebellingham is open. I have checked both sides at Enfield this week and the situation is the same as in the photos linked above i.e. barriers stacked at the Eastbound side but no work started and nothing at the Westbound.
it would be great to get Enfield and then hope they do something in the West and Northwest e.g. near Loughrea and near Sligo.

Has anyone any idea of next progress on Superchargers in Ireland now that Castlebellingham is open. I have checked both sides at Enfield this week and the situation is the same as in the photos linked above i.e. barriers stacked at the Eastbound side but no work started and nothing at the Westbound.
it would be great to get Enfield and then hope they do something in the West and Northwest e.g. near Loughrea and near Sligo.

I asked tthe question of Tesla in Dublin a few days after Castlebellingham opened. Apparently, the issue is getting power to the Enfield site. It seems to need permission from a number of landowners which has made it more complex than the other sites. I was hold that the new target date was July 2018.

Hi All, I have visited Applegreen Enfield in each direction this weekend just gone (Sep 21-23, '18) and saw no sign of any work starting in either or any builder's fencing etc. This is getting very frustrating, waiting for a Supercharger that was due by end of '17! Anyone got any idea of what is happening there? I heard that they were having trouble getting sufficient power to the site and had to negotiate with landowners for access.
It would be good also if Tesla could had a few locations to their plan - the country is very lopsided at the moment with 2 superchargers on the Dublin - Limerick motorway and nothing in the West or Northwest. Is there any way to push Tesla on this I wonder?

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of that Facebook page but have joined it now. I voted for Athenry in the poll. I think there is little point in people voting for major cities like Dublin, Cork or Galway as Tesla generally don't site Superchargers in them but more so on the motorway network. The ideal sites for Ireland on that basis would appear to be Athenry (or Carnmore), Collooney (near Sligo) and Fermoy or Mallow (for Cork) in addition to Enfield.