Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my P85 from basically Appleton to outside Calumet for a week. Relied primarily on Plugshare while up there. Was luckily 2 doors down from an Airbnb cabin I rented.
Florence is great with 10kw a short walk from bakery and ice cream shop. Would have hit the "diner" but was there too early for opening.
Lanse I was not comfortable leaving my car at especially for just 6.6kw. charger is next to the teenage hangout strikes me as begging for vandalism.

I took my P85 from basically Appleton to outside Calumet for a week. Relied primarily on Plugshare while up there. Was luckily 2 doors down from an Airbnb cabin I rented.
Florence is great with 10kw a short walk from bakery and ice cream shop. Would have hit the "diner" but was there too early for opening.
Lanse I was not comfortable leaving my car at especially for just 6.6kw. charger is next to the teenage hangout strikes me as begging for vandalism.

If you live outside Appleton, would driving to Wausau for the Supercharger, then to Three Lakes (100 miles) for the Level 2 40 amp charger for a stop and then to Caumet) (125 miles) would be easier for charging purposes.

This means construction will start in 4 months and be done in 2 years but could take 10 years. ‍♀️

Just watch; Marquette will be finished before Esky.

I grew up in Esky. Nothing happens quickly.

Ack! A scarily accurate prediction so far. So if the thread started in 2018, only eight more years to go.

So far it looks like driving on the North side of Lake Superior will be easier than trying to drive through the UP.

Getting cooler now, maybe ground breaking next spring...bummer

• Love
Reactions: Calimenti
Ack! A scarily accurate prediction so far. So if the thread started in 2018, only eight more years to go.

So far it looks like driving on the North side of Lake Superior will be easier than trying to drive through the UP.

Getting cooler now, maybe ground breaking next spring...bummer

Yeah, it's definitely looking like this charger won't be done before the start of the next decade.

• Funny
Reactions: Calimenti
Yes, just noticed that the Mackinaw City charger is under construction. Great news! There may be hope for Escanaba this year after all. And hopefully a V3 at that.

Have not seen any report since I passed through Escanaba on 9/20. Anybody in the area that can check it out? Maybe it's already started...

• Love
Reactions: odguy
Yes, just noticed that the Mackinaw City charger is under construction. Great news! There may be hope for Escanaba this year after all. And hopefully a V3 at that.

The honest answer for that is going to be when they started planning the site and what they got permitted to install. Unless they decide to go back and resubmit that is... But this one has been in the "coming soon" phase for so long that it's probably anyone's guess.