Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear it is very nice under the moonlight at the Quality Inn. :confused: Plus they have a destination charger that often works.

I have stayed there a couple times. The last time was earlier last summer. They have two chargers. One didn’t work because one of the pins was missing. I assume someone ran over it. I’m glad we have the option to stay there but I too would like to keep driving through a ways instead of being forced to stop there early for the night. I also sent an email.

• Disagree
Reactions: rhumbliner
I have stayed there a couple times. The last time was earlier last summer. They have two chargers. One didn’t work because one of the pins was missing. I assume someone ran over it. I’m glad we have the option to stay there but I too would like to keep driving through a ways instead of being forced to stop there early for the night. I also sent an email.

Sorry I was doing a cheesy refrence to the film with Jeff Daniels. Escanaba in da Moonlight - Wikipedia

That one charger has been broken for a while now.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
Here's the "response" I got from Tesla on my email, asking when they would get to the Escanaba charger:
Hello

Thank you for contacting Tesla. No information is available at this time about the potential supercharging location you have inquired about. Once a supercharger is operational the maps will be updated to reflect this.

Russ | Tesla Support

Thanks for nothing, Russ

Per the Michigan permit site, there was an electric permit issued for Escanaba on 9/24/2019 under the project name "Tesla":

Record: ELEC19-05936
505 N 26TH ST
CITY OF ESCANABA
ESCANABA DELTA MI 49829
505 N 26TH ST

The previous permit has now expired but a new permit was issued on April 22:
upload_2020-5-6_9-3-49.png

How long does it typically take to build out a location once they start? We have our annual trek to the UP end of July. Probably a long shot.

For some reason that location has been stagnant for a couple years. They could build it pretty fast but it just sits there. Maybe this time will be different with the permit renewal. I typically end up staying at hotel there with a charger.

The Quality Inn in Escanaba has 2 Destination Chargers, the parking garage in Marquette has 2 J-1772 chargers and, of course, most motels have 120v outlets (for winter guests). When we travel in that area we generally spend the night in Escanaba, charge to 100%, and visit Marquette, Munising, the surrounding area.

BTW, PlugShare is your friend. :)