Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Etobicoke ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
interesting.. Brantford from Downtown, and charging at Sherway? are you think of charging after the trip..? just curious on how people plan the trips. If I am close to home I just charge at home, rather than stopping by the supercharger.
I would think that you should be good to do this trip without charging unless it is really cold and you have a 60 or 75, assuming that you are close to 100% when leaving downtown.

That type of trip (Toronto or East Toronto) to Brantford and back is the type of trip that is still a bit dicey. Not that I'd worry as it could be as wayner said about 250 kms or so and maybe 300 wiht some running around but if I had a 60 or 75 I'd not find it comfortable in the winter needing to achieve 235 wh/km or less with a car full of people who like the heat. Otherwise, should be fine but Sherway will make that an absolute non factor.

interesting.. Brantford from Downtown, and charging at Sherway? are you think of charging after the trip..? just curious on how people plan the trips. If I am close to home I just charge at home, rather than stopping by the supercharger.
I usually plan to charge after or on the home leg if possible. Charging the bottom of the battery on the home part of the journey (after most of your trip has been completed) is much faster than topping up the top half of your battery when you're still on the away part of the journey, as the superchargers tend to charge much quicker if you're at a low state of charge.

I had a client with me. I had to drop him off at the airport afterwards. Wanted to show him Supercharging. We stopped at Cambridge for 10 minutes but I would have had enough to make it and then home. Love the 75D.

I charged to 100 percent this morning from Brampton, went downtown and then Brantford. My 100 percent was at 389 KM.
It finished charging at 6:3o and I immediately left for downtown. I set my charging timer for 3:30 am every day.
After having left Brantford to head for the airport and then home, I would have had about 45 km left. i went up to Cambridge to show the NBC exec what Supercharging was all about. First time in a Tesla for him. I charged for about 10 minutes and then headed for the airport and home. As i said earlier, i would have been able to make it anyway without charging but I wanted to show off the supercharging.
Autopilot was great for him too! Amazing how many people are not aware of what Tesla is doing.

Reactions: Justynr and mrElbe
Oh come on! You’ve never seen this?
F31FA361-69AE-43FB-A701-7C3D15EFC1D3.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Gunfus_r
Can anyone tell me what’s new here?View attachment 284663

Light standard pole is gone, main wooden beams for the enclosures are up, not sure if the tape is gone from the 6th charger from the left, filled in some of the asphalt, generally cleaner.

I am curious to see what happens around some of the cabinets with the steel poles. I assume there might be a cover over the top, but I don't know if it'll be a solar array. Perhaps a stronger enclosure than wood?

Last edited: