Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fall River, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
Neon Marketplace is proposing to build a new gas station with Tesla V3 superchargers at the address of 323 William S. Canning Blvd, Fall River MA. The project is planned to be presented at this months Zoning Board of Appeals meeting for approval.

The Neon project popped up on Facebook this past week in general, and an inquiry to the ZBA confirms the plans include Tesla superchargers

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright

Also found this posting from Fall River Development News Facebook posting.

Attachments

• 67E7F1EF-6681-449C-A82A-77A7F55A922C.png
    67E7F1EF-6681-449C-A82A-77A7F55A922C.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 219
Next to impossible to get any online information from zoning/planning board meetings or building permits. For city this size, their government is in the dark ages. Site drive-by's like this will be very useful to see what's going on. Not expecting anything quickly - there are a bunch of other Neon sites much further along in the permitting timeline than Fall River.

Reactions: kayak1 and chjch
Next to impossible to get any online information from zoning/planning board meetings or building permits. For city this size, their government is in the dark ages. Site drive-by's like this will be very useful to see what's going on. Not expecting anything quickly - there are a bunch of other Neon sites much further along in the permitting timeline than Fall River.
I was tempted to keep going south for another visit in RI. But maybe next time

I’m local and my son works down the street at the car wash so any signs of activity I’ll be sure to know and update here.
Appreciate keeping an eye on the site from time-to-time.

Interesting find yesterday - looks like Neon Marketplace may be purchasing Maplewood Superette located at 1555 Stafford Rd not far away from this planned Neon Marketplace. Seems impossibly small and too near this location to become another full service site. Wonder if Neon is experimenting with neighborhood c-store options w/o the automotive component. Not supercharger related, but suggests we are probably heading into a not every new Neon = supercharger territory.

Reactions: kayak1
Wondering if perhaps the build is waiting for contractor resources to be relocated from one of the other Neon projects in the Rhode Island area. Or... a possibility that Neon has pressed the pause button on the project after completion of the site clearing. Neon definitely seems to have slowed their previous rapid expansion with no signs of activity yet at a West Springfield site that was approved, and a sell-off of the permitted Worcester site they had approval to build.

I was at the new Neon location in Warwick grand opening and happened to ask one of the marketing associates about the Fall River site. Was informed that site is on hold right now until they can formalize the new layout plan that they will be going forward with and will be based on the Warwick site. Might be able to get a more definitive ETA if we ask again in the next few months.

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1