Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fernley, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the gateway to some moron charging to 100% thinking they can make it to Burning Man.

I met someone out there at renegade burn in 2021 who charged to 100% at the CHAdeMO in Fernley, went out to the playa, and then ran a shitty generator for 3 straight days to have enough juice to get back to Fernley.

So I guess it's possible....

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: bb95570 and T-Mom
This is the gateway to some moron charging to 100% thinking they can make it to Burning Man.

I met someone out there at renegade burn in 2021 who charged to 100% at the CHAdeMO in Fernley, went out to the playa, and then ran a shitty generator for 3 straight days to have enough juice to get back to Fernley.

So I guess it's possible....
ABRP, round trip from Fernley, NV:
2022 Model Y LR: 76%
2022 Model 3 LR Aero: 65%

So, a lot less easier, now, but could have some people hanging around a long time at Fernley, and needing to watch the drain while at Burning Man.

Fernley, NV

Host Type: Mall
Host: Fernley Village Marketplace
Along Primary Interstates: I-80
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-80

To: Lovelock, NV - 58 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Winnemucca, NV - 128.8 miles

Mini-splitter of the 93.5 miles between Reno - N Sierra St, NV and Lovelock, NV, adding density and faster charging.

Reactions: PStewart
I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on this one. It's 253 miles from Fernley to Elko. 80mph speed limit and 1,000 ft. uphill to boot.
Carlin, NV has a blue dot, but even that would be 236 miles but still 100% in a 3LR.

Westbound Carlin, NV to Fernely, NV would be doable in a Model 3 but still 85% in still according to ABRP.

But I think Tesla owners should just be happy to have more v3 and less v2.

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 8.46.48 PM.png

IMG_2225.jpeg

IMG_2227.jpeg

IMG_2226.jpeg

IMG_2224.jpeg

IMG_2223.jpeg

@tes-s @corywright @Big Earl

I think just 8. I was in a rush so I didn’t hang around long to check the site out more.
From the 2 photos I think I can see at least 10.

The side shot has the 6 next to the cabinets and you can see another through a gap.
The long shot shows at least 2 to add to the 6 side on.

But if you look at how they're laid out in the first picture it's 2 set on a pallet, so those extra in the long shot are almost certainly pairs.
That'd just leave 2 more to find to make it 12, which would be the max for 3 cabinets.

Reactions: Tectonic