Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fountain Valley, CA - Warner Ave. (LIVE 22 Jan 2022, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Should be opening soon since the stalls are already installed. Next to the Del Taco and an Asian supermarket. Across the street from 7 Leaves for your coffee fix.

This will definitely alleviate congestion from the FV SC @ Costco FV (which breaks down regularly lol)

Should be opening soon since the stalls are already installed. Next to the Del Taco and an Asian supermarket. Across the street from 7 Leaves for your coffee fix.

This will definitely alleviate congestion from the FV SC @ Costco FV (which breaks down regularly lol)

Welcome to TMC!

You're saying that some construction has already taken place? Any pictures? Or a more precise location (say an address, an intersection, or the name of a shopping center)?

Thanks!

Bruce.

Welcome to TMC!

You're saying that some construction has already taken place? Any pictures? Or a more precise location (say an address, an intersection, or the name of a shopping center)?

Thanks!

Bruce.
Thank you! Yes, the stalls have been installed! I can take a picture sometime today. Are there any markings that would identify whether its an urban/V2/V3?

...any markings that would identify whether its an urban/V2/V3?...
Urban 72 kW chargers is a solid short big pole with no doughnut hole:

supercharging-cities-announcement.jpg

V2 and V3 Supercharger has a doughnut hollow hole in the center of their poles.

V2 cables are thicker (same size as Urban). Their stations are labeled in pairs "1A, 1B, 2A, 2B..."

V3 cables are thinner. Their stations are not labeled in pairs "1, 2..."

Reactions: Falcon73
I cannot edit posts? Interesting haha. In any case, these appear to be V3 since there are no shared markings. The parking spots feel a little "tighter" than normal, Model X may have some challenges. Do note of those concrete posts in front of the chargers. Also thanks to Tam for the Google Maps image, I've notated where the chargers are in the attached pic.
2021-11-27 23_21_12-Google Maps — Mozilla Firefox.png

This shopping area is not crowded as there is no particular popular destination for shopping, (it is "brisk"), so it is a good spot in regards to not having too much congestion and enough parking spots in general.

Reactions: Falcon73 and GenSao
I cannot edit posts? Interesting haha. In any case, these appear to be V3 since there are no shared markings. The parking spots feel a little "tighter" than normal, Model X may have some challenges. Do note of those concrete posts in front of the chargers.

Thanks for the additional info and insights! You can also tell V3 pedestals by the thickness of the cable (thinner compared to V2). V3 pedestals often come in multiples of 4 (because each V3 charging cabinet supports up to 4 pedestals). You mentioned 13 pedestals installed so far, so I'm sure many people are wondering if this will turn into 16 by time all is said and done. (On the other hand, the paving and striping looks complete, which implies that whatever's there is the final pedestal configuration.)

I would guess that in the top photo you posted, the Tesla-owned charging cabinets and switchgear will go inside the brown metal enclosure (if they're not there already), and the utility transformer (e.g. from SCE or whomever the local electricity provider is) would land on the concrete slab that has a piece of plywood resting on it.

Bruce.

PS. Brief plug for the California Superchargers FAQ:

PPS. @MarcoRP @corywright @Chuq : there might be enough information in this thread to put a record in supercharge.info.

Thanks for the additional info and insights! You can also tell V3 pedestals by the thickness of the cable (thinner compared to V2). V3 pedestals often come in multiples of 4 (because each V3 charging cabinet supports up to 4 pedestals). You mentioned 13 pedestals installed so far, so I'm sure many people are wondering if this will turn into 16 by time all is said and done. (On the other hand, the paving and striping looks complete, which implies that whatever's there is the final pedestal configuration.)

I would guess that in the top photo you posted, the Tesla-owned charging cabinets and switchgear will go inside the brown metal enclosure (if they're not there already), and the utility transformer (e.g. from SCE or whomever the local electricity provider is) would land on the concrete slab that has a piece of plywood resting on it.

Bruce.

PS. Brief plug for the California Superchargers FAQ:

PPS. @MarcoRP @corywright @Chuq : there might be enough information in this thread to put a record in supercharge.info.
Yeah let’s just say I can’t math 😂😂 it is definitely 12 stalls, cheers!

Yeah let’s just say I can’t math 😂😂 it is definitely 12 stalls, cheers!
Great detective work. Thanks.

I stopped by and can confirm what was said above:

Stalls: 12
Power: v3, 250kw
Status: looks ready but unpowered. On the ground to our right of the brown box, there is a cement patch with "Edison" on it. I guess Edison will place a transformer there to power the site in future.

Here are some more pictures:

This is the address attached to the brown fence/box (I assume Supercharger and battery cabinets in there. It's locked. Too tall to peek:

cPyNSyD.jpg

Onsite location:

HxaYgcx.jpg

Pretty much a very prime location that is close to the entrance of Sunrise Supermarket. Happy grocery!

Rbeldfr.jpg

You can see the street sign for the strip mall at a distance, from the street, on your right. Don't mind about that white Tesla because there's no power for this station just yet.

0iEPDAT.jpg

You can see Del Taco:

B42aHVr.jpg

Zoom out view where the Del Taco sign is obstructed by a tree:

sMVxVOq.jpg

The other angle: There should be an Edison transformer rising from the ground between the Model 3 and the brown box at the distance (between 2 trees):

o60a0yg.jpg

Here's the cement patch with "Edison" on it with brown plywood covering the hole. I think it is for the transformer:

GLe1naV.jpg

Close up of the potential transformer location:

ujUgsow.jpg

To its right, there's still another smaller cover that might fit another electrical cabinet rising from the ground:

mgHaW8U.jpg

Real estate is at a premium in this area. To my recollection, when the original FV site wanted to expand, the City Counsel was extremely reluctant. Hopefully, opinions are changing.

Whrn the original FV went live, it was a disaster for years. Constantly crowded with a line. Again, back when there were very few Tesla’s in the world. People would actually drop their cars off there and pick them up many hours later. I believe this site was the principal contributor to the development of the idle fee program. Now, we have 2 sites in Irvine, and Westminster, albeit, 72kW.

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Real estate is at a premium in this area. To my recollection, when the original FV site wanted to expand, the City Counsel was extremely reluctant. Hopefully, opinions are changing.

Whrn the original FV went live, it was a disaster for years. Constantly crowded with a line. Again, back when there were very few Tesla’s in the world. People would actually drop their cars off there and pick them up many hours later. I believe this site was the principal contributor to the development of the idle fee program. Now, we have 2 sites in Irvine, and Westminster, albeit, 72kW.

The Main Street site in Irvine is ridiculous....it's in a PAID parking garage. It's grossly underutilized. You'll see the one across the freeway from Main Street totally full...while the Main Street site across the freeway being totally empty. Drives me nuts.

I'd like to see Westminster upgraded to 250kW. It is often full.

Happy to see this one in FV go in.

Side note.....what used to be in that grocery store? I remember shopping there many (many) years ago. Was it a CompUSA?

The Main Street site in Irvine is ridiculous....it's in a PAID parking garage. It's grossly underutilized. You'll see the one across the freeway from Main Street totally full...while the Main Street site across the freeway being totally empty. Drives me nuts.

Side note.....what used to be in that grocery store? I remember shopping there many (many) years ago. Was it a CompUSA?
What are the supercharging fees at Main Street? I have heard that sometimes fees are reduced in paid lots to make up the cost.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc

It was a laser tag place, then yes a CompUSA 👍

Reactions: awokeinthelbc