TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Fountain Valley

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by amptsup, Jul 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. amptsup

amptsup Member

There is definitely a Supercharger coming to Fountain Valley! It is being built now at the Costco Center off MacArthur Blvd. The exact location is at the South end of the PetSmart store near the corner of MacArthur Blvd and Newhope St. I went by the area yesterday and there is construction fencing around the site in the parking lot and a row of framing for the chargers.

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

That's a great location, easy access to the 405. (Not to mention, I'm down there a lot - family.)

3. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

I am super thrilled about this site for several reasons. First, I am down that way almost every weekend. I only have 110 access down there, and a weak outlet at that. 3 MPH often. I tend to not even bother most weekends and come home to LA with a low SOC. I may not use this new SC one a lot, but at least I have the option to grab a few volts if I'm really low.

How far from the Costco exactly is it? Can I shop there while I charge and still bring the cart all the way to the car?

Second, on the more selfless side, this will provide massive relief to the SJC site (which I never use). This site can even surpass SJC, though it is north of the 405/5 interchange. I hope they install 12 stalls. Heck, I hope they install 16!!

4. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Another 405 supercharger. How about giving the 5 some love?

5. steph280

steph280 Member

This is awesome! Orange county has a high concentration of Teslas, I'd think this location will be as popular, if not more, than the San Juan Capistrano location.

It's on the corner of Talbert and NewHope.

6. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

Though the 5 is not helpful for me, I agree with you. Perhaps Anaheim. That would also relieve SJC.

In the meantime, this one is desperately needed and I will not complain about adding any 405 SC's as long as there continues to be heavy demand for them.

7. spentan

spentan Active Member

Interesting location, right off the 405 is quite useful.

Definitely not complaining, however a supercharger up the 5 would be great.

8. amptsup

amptsup Member

It is across the large parking lot from the Costco. Easily walkable but maybe not a good idea with a loaded cart! I believe there will be 10 stalls but could be room for more.

9. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

Hey amptsup, don't you know the etiquette around here? You are obligated to post pictures!!! :biggrin:
    Maybe I'll use the SC while shopping, then drive the car closer when it's time to load up. That Costco lot can get pretty severely congested. I hope there is not too much icing.

10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My parents live near Fountain Valley and maybe someday I will use this new SC. It should help with the congestion in SJC.

11. amptsup

amptsup Member

Here you go. The building in the first picture is the Petsmart store.

IMG_20150706_082622.jpg IMG_20150706_082626.jpg IMG_20150706_082628.jpg

12. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

Wow, construction is further along than I thought! Cabinets already on site. Though there were rumors about this location, I am stunned that there were no details leaked until now.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the location is not that far off from where I usually park when shopping at Costco. It is always easier not to fight for a close spot. Plus, I need the exercise from all the food I eat after shopping there.
    Costco.jpg

13. tnnm

tnnm Member

So, apologies for reposting, but I first read about this in another thread. I presume then it is section A of this picture?

FV_SC.PNG

14. amptsup

amptsup Member

15. smilepak

smilepak Member

How many stations? Given that's the only SC in Orange County, not counting SJC, it'll be crazy busy. There a lot of Tesla driving around the area

16. miimura

miimura Active Member

There are 4 cabinets in the pictures, so it must be 8 stalls.

17. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

I see 8 cabinets, so it must be 16. Oh, wait, that was my double vision acting up again. Darn it.

18. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Thanks for the pictures.

From the pictures, it looks like 4 Supercharger Cabinets which would indicate 8 Stalls. Does that look to be the count?

19. amptsup

amptsup Member

There are 5 cabinets that I see. So 10 stalls which matches the number of parking spaces.

20. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Or could be like SJC: 7 stalls for 4 cabinets. But probably not.