Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - Tesla Factory (LIVE, 4 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder why the concrete stand for the V3 pedestal is taller?

There could be some obscure code that governs elevation of electrical equipment based on power? Or there could have been a change in code since the v2’s were installed?

Or...it could just be a ‘bigger is better’ thing? Sort of something to separate the two versions? Certainly these will be put at truck stops for Semi...maybe there’s some trucker focus group that wanted them bigger? :p

Were the remaining V2 pedestals modified at all during this upgrade cycle? If not, they were probably installed by pouring the concrete base on-site with a form. The precast bases are relatively new, at least relative to the original factory Supercharger installation. That would definitely explain the difference.

Reactions: Ulmo and bxr140
They've been bagged like this all week, nothing going on. o_O

IMG_4391.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Updated supercharge.info. Two questions though.

Can someone confirm whether the 4 V2 superchargers are for private/dealership use? Also can people with V3 supercharging verify the max charging rate in their car?

Last edited:
According to TeslaFi, every car so far, except one, that has updated to 2019.20.1 in their database is based in California.
2019.15.11 is out that likely can charge to 250kW. Less than 2% of the fleet has it though. It’s a different fork than the 2019.20.1 that is also rolling out.
----> Not a different fork, this is my path.

old |v2019.15.11|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.20.1 9973c22|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

----> Not a different fork, this is my path.

old |v2019.15.11|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.20.1 9973c22|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
Well it was a different fork from 2019.16.x. I suppose there’s a chance that 2019.20.1 is capable of V3 Supercharging but I figure they would have put that in the release notes.

It’s more likely that they just put you back on the primary build path and 15.11 remains a V3 beta test build.

Well it was a different fork from 2019.16.x. I suppose there’s a chance that 2019.20.1 is capable of V3 Supercharging but I figure they would have put that in the release notes.

It’s more likely that they just put you back on the primary build path and 15.11 remains a V3 beta test build.
I also went from 5.11 to 20.1 last night.. will give v3 a try this weekend or sometime tonight!

Tho I doubt it, since the onboard display shows 150kW max
CC5A5E57-EFEE-4344-840C-8D7F62DBF8B2.jpeg

Last edited:

I have an old clunker, so 150kW will probably be my max. Did get 136kW at a v2 once.

• Funny
Reactions: Ulmo
150kW Max, but in a new thinner cable.

If only it had been open after coming back from a Touch and Go at Big Sur. Now my car is full so I won't see the 1000 MPH charging w/o some crazy long trip before I got to Fremont, which is the next Supercharger down the highway from me