Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fremont, CA - Tesla Factory (LIVE, 4 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was sitting at the Fremont charger yesterday and nearly choked as someone in a near by Tesla was smoking with their window open. I rarely smell cigarette smoke any more. When it happens, I'm reminded at how vile it is and what an assault on my senses it is.

Yes, I think driving a clear air vehicle has 'hypersensatized' us to those noxious fumes. I sympathize.

they just blocked off about 3 SCs for new customer deliveries since there is a huge white tent in front of the store doing factory deliveries. the actual chargers not blocked off are working fine. but there has been reports of long lines during typical busy hours.

Ok then..well back on topic...

I saw the same Reduced Service indicator on Fremont Supercharger last night coming back from the Sharks game. Didn't need the charge and saw only 3 cars occupying indicated but preferred to use my time more effectively by charging at work instead.

With the rollout of Model 3s coming in the next 4 months, don't you think they better start working on completing the Fremont 2 supercharger to alleviate this backlog of charging issues in the vicinity?

Still saw it offline this afternoon coming back from San Jose--the big delivery tent is up, so I wonder if they are just keeping the SCs freed up for deliveries...? On a brighter note, the last couple of times I have been to Dublin have been great, so perhaps that nastygrams and charges are having the intended effect.

There hasn't been any new permits, construction, or openings in CA since December 16th. This is by far the longest stretch without any new location activity in the one state that needs it the most.
But there are currently significant Supercharger site expansions in progress at over 6 different locations (I have lost track) with some already completed. That is pretty significant.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
supercharge.info no longer lists Fremont2 at all?
When pedestals at "Fremont #2" were first spotted, a year and a half ago, it was assumed by many that it was going to be a Supercharger site like (almost) any other. Since that time some -- including me -- have speculated that it may not be a typical Supercharger site but may be used by Tesla for it's own internal purposes. At this point we really don't know. So I think supercharge.info did the right thing by "de-listing" it.

Last edited:
When pedestals at "Fremont #2" wwer first spotted, a year and a half ago, it was assumed by many that it was going to be a Supercharger site like (almost) any other. Since that time some -- including me -- have speculated that it may not be a typical Supercharger site but may be used by Tesla for it's own internal purposes. At this point we really don't know. So I think supercharge.info did the right thing by "de-listing" it.

The stalls were all still there last night around 11 pm when I drove by. So hopefully they still plan to open it.

That said, it was going to be the new service center, but they are moving to an alternate site and the Kato road building is now going to a business unit at Tesla instead.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett