Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fresno, CA (6709 N Riverside, LIVE 10 Jan 2016, 10 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive by that spot two-three times a week. I have not seen any construction. I have been told that Fresno is going to get a Service Center eventually, but it is not known how soon. The last time I spoke with someone from Tesla, he told me that there are about 150+ Teslas in and around Fresno. Probably by now that number is close to 200. I think that this is still too small a number for Tesla to open a Service Center--but this is just my opinion.

In addition, this is a new outdoor shopping center with Target, Old Navy and the like. I presume the land rents would be quite high as compared to a few other places in town that are mature and not heavily into retail. While I do not discount your rumor, I feel that this spot is not in line with other places Tesla has opened their Service Centers. But, now you have given me a reason to do a little detective work.

(And, I have not seen any notices in the local paper for recent leases signed, not that this is any indicator!)

I would love for that to be true, but the Fresno supercharger location while great for travelers would be far from ideal for a service center. Somewhere around the riverpark area would work much better, or possibly somewhere along Palm avenue auto corridor near BMW/Mercedes/Acura/Porsche/Audi/Carmax

Reactions: Ulmo
By sheer coincidink, I ran into our local Ranger this afternoon. He said that there were no imminent plans for a service center here in Fresno. He ventured a guess that we might be on track for one in 18-24 months, depending upon how many vehicles are in the Stanislaus, Merced, Mariposa, tuolumne, Merced, Fresno, Tulare, Kings and Kern County areas.

And I agree with the good ophthalmologist as to location. The area east of Ingram north of Alluvial would seem like a decent spot for a service center--the buildings are older so likely rents would be cheaper. Fairly convenient access from the 41 freeway too.

Reactions: Ulmo
At Fresno with reduced speed charging on 2a and 3a (56 kW at 43% SOC on an 85D, 56F outside). Called Tesla and they are aware of the problem, they suggested 5a or 5b but someone else pulled into 5b as I was on the phone. Decided to stay where I am for now, I'm basically just charging for a buffer.

Bruce.

Showing 0 of 10 available on the builtin map. Actually is 5 of 10.
IMG_5885.JPG

Last edited:
Now, it jumped from 40kW with 40 minutes left to charge to "Charging complete, you are now accruing idle fees" after only ~25 minutes while I still have to check out of Target. This is a scammy way to charge a huge amount for idle fees.

Four stalls open. Shows 5 available on the builtin map after I unplugged.
IMG_5886.JPG

Someone arrived as soon as I left. Map now shows 6 in use & 4 free.

Fresno SuperCharger getting some love :)

So, the availability was completely wrong when I arrived, but then became exactly correct after that.

Last edited:
Now, it jumped from 40kW with 40 minutes left to charge to "Charging complete, you are now accruing idle fees" after only ~25 minutes while I still have to check out of Target. This is a scammy way to charge a huge amount for idle fees.

Four stalls open. Shows 5 available on the builtin map after I unplugged.
View attachment 215506

Someone arrived as soon as I left. Map now shows 6 in use & 4 free.

Fresno SuperCharger getting some love :)

So, the availability was completely wrong when I arrived, but then became exactly correct after that.
That's not scammy
That's your car finishing charging.
The time estimate is just that, an estimate.
You can always use your phone app to raise the charging limit to avoid fees

Thanks for your report. When you say "it got dark", do you mean that the overhead lighting (on poles) at the Supercharger location went off? I assume you do not mean that the charging pedestals stopped working, as your photo appears to show your car charging.

Given all the recent reports of California Supercharger locations being rendered inoperative by thieves/vandals I just want to be clear on the information in your post. Thanks.

Given all the recent reports of California Supercharger locations being rendered inoperative by thieves/vandals
I don't believe any of the recent reports are confirmed vandalism or theft at this point. Just that there have been a number of outages up and down I-5, one of which was reported to be a failed breaker. Let's try not to spread fear unnecessarily.

Anybody done a Fresno to Mojave supercharger trip in one shot? I have a S85 and wondering if it can be done. EV trip planner says it would use 71 kw of battery/237 rated miles....so pushing it. That's from Clovis technically. I'm planning a trip to Vegas this weekend.

I've made the Fresno to Mojave run three times in our Model S 90D. I charge to 95% (eat lunch or shop at Target) and drive the speed limit. In each case after a half-hour or so I've been able to see how much margin I've got and can speed up as much as 5 over the limit. I've always gotten to Mojave with 15% or more reserve. By the way, the Thai restaurant in Mojave is quite good, if it's open -- surprisingly good for a desert crossroads town the the freeway now bypasses.

Reactions: ProphetM and Ulmo