Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glenwood Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kremmling opened on Saturday: Supercharger - Kremmling, CO

Rumor is that they will probably skip Steamboat Springs, replacing it with Kremmling and possibly Craig.
Kremmling actually makes more sense than Steamboat for folks coming from Denver. I’d actually love to see one in Walden as I travel through there from Ft Collins. I won’t hold my breath though. (Laramie helps.)

Back on topic, if the road is open I’ll be coming through Glenwood a couple of times in the coming weeks. ICEing wasn’t a problem for me there in Sept 2019. Hoping it won’t be a problem this time either.

Reactions: sdoorex
...Back on topic, if the road is open I’ll be coming through Glenwood a couple of times in the coming weeks. ICEing wasn’t a problem for me there in Sept 2019. Hoping it won’t be a problem this time either.
The Glenwood Springs Supercharger stalls are clearly signed as being for Tesla only now. You shouldn't have a problem during the day although I'm not sure about night, when hotel residents are back in the lot. No ICEing when I was there mid morning on Sunday and around noon on Monday. Restrooms at the far back of the lobby are open as usual, masks required to enter the hotel, of course. Hand sanitizer dispensers in the lobby.

The Glenwood Springs Supercharger stalls are clearly signed as being for Tesla only now. You shouldn't have a problem during the day although I'm not sure about night, when hotel residents are back in the lot. No ICEing when I was there mid morning on Sunday and around noon on Monday. Restrooms at the far back of the lobby are open as usual, masks required to enter the hotel, of course. Hand sanitizer dispensers in the lobby.
I was pleased to see the “you may be towed” signs there as they are legally enforceable now.

I-70 through Glenwood Canyon remains closed. Please do not use 82 over Independence Pass as a bypass unless you are already stuck in Glenwood Springs and headed east. That road was closed for a time due to too much traffic. It is now open with alternating traffic.

The appropriate bypass is US 50 from Grand Junction to Poncha Springs then US 285 to Denver. Or, from Poncha Springs, one can head north through Leadville to get back to I-70 and skip the traffic on US 285.

Both US 50 and US 285 can be expected to be carrying much more traffic than usual, given the closure of I-70. Be patient.

I-70 is currently closed in Glenwood Canyon, due to mudslides in the area of last year's fire. 100 cars were trapped overnight, as you may have seen on the news.

As always, for updates check cotrip.org

Northern alternate route: Rifle to Craig to Kremmling to Silverthorne.

Southern alternate route: Grand Junction to Montrose, over Monarch Pass, to Poncha Springs to Conifer to Denver. However, US 50 is mostly closed weekdays (limited open times) for rock scaling in Little Blue Creek Canyon (Home | US 50 Little Blue Creek Improvements ).

Detour route: Grand Junction to Delta, CO-92 to Hotchkiss, back to US 50 at the dam (Blue Mesa Reservoir), over Monarch Pass, to Poncha Springs to Conifer to Denver.

Grand Junction to Poncha Springs via Hotchkiss: 202 miles. Montrose to Poncha Springs via Hotchkiss detour: 179 miles.

Fair warning.

I-70 is currently closed in Glenwood Canyon, due to mudslides in the area of last year's fire. 100 cars were trapped overnight, as you may have seen on the news.

As always, for updates check cotrip.org

Northern alternate route: Rifle to Craig to Kremmling to Silverthorne.

Southern alternate route: Grand Junction to Montrose, over Monarch Pass, to Poncha Springs to Conifer to Denver. However, US 50 is mostly closed weekdays (limited open times) for rock scaling in Little Blue Creek Canyon (Home | US 50 Little Blue Creek Improvements ).

Detour route: Grand Junction to Delta, CO-92 to Hotchkiss, back to US 50 at the dam (Blue Mesa Reservoir), over Monarch Pass, to Poncha Springs to Conifer to Denver.

Grand Junction to Poncha Springs via Hotchkiss: 202 miles. Montrose to Poncha Springs via Hotchkiss detour: 179 miles.

Fair warning.
Due to the I-70 closure, US 50 is now fully open temporarily. So, the southern alternate route is open as usual, at least until I-70 reopens.

I saw on the news that cotrip.org, Google Maps and Apple Maps are all going to be updated to indicate Independence Pass is closed in order to discourage traffic, even though it remains open. "Local authorities are asking travelers to use the northern alternate route on Highway 13 as a detour around the Glenwood Canyon closure."

Fortunately Craig and Kremmling have Superchargers now but maybe Tesla needs to add at least a temporary Supercharger in Rifle to make up for Glenwood Springs.

Tesla might have a better chance of utilizing her restaurant if Musk were to be a member of QAnon, espouse brazen conspiracy theories, and sport a six-shooter on his hip while he moves about the country.
You have my wacko Congresswoman well pegged. Unfortunately, it appears that after redistricting she will be even more firmly entrenched with a safe seat. Sanity is not a requirement to run for Congress under the Constitution, sad to say.

Reactions: SilverMonk
We used this supercharger last week.
1628311425278.png

Reactions: electricdoolz

I-70 Glenwood Canyon **OPEN** between Exit 116 (Glenwood Springs) and Exit 133 (Dotsero).

• Motorists should plan for slower speeds and congestion through the canyon, especially at MP 123.5 where traffic is in the temporary one lane configuration.
  • Motorists are encouraged to plan their travel ahead of time and to keep their eyes on the roadway while driving past the mudslide area.
  • CDOT crews will continue to monitor for inclement weather and may close the highway again if conditions are deemed unsafe. If the forecast moves to a flash flood warning, crews will implement a safety closure of Glenwood Canyon from MP 116 (Glenwood Springs) to MP 133 (Dotsero). Traffic control points will then go into place at Exit 87 (West Rifle) in the event the closure is an extended closure and the northern alternate route is employed. Visitors or locals will still be able to travel east of Exit 87 if their destination is Glenwood Springs or the Roaring Fork Valley.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9