Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glenwood Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even in good weather, though, they should have that parameter coded into the algorithm that it should never recommend a charging plan that has a single digit arrival %. That's way too little margin for the unexpected.
I have no idea why it didn't suggest a stop at Glenwood Springs for you. It's usually too conservative in that regard. Admittedly, I am a little aggressive in my planning but seemingly every time I plan to skip a supercharger, the Trip Planner wants me to stop and plug in for 10-20 minutes at the intermediary charger so I'm always having to push the "Remove charging stops" button and then do my best to ignore all the "Stay below 65mph to reach your destination" warnings.

Great! I think EV slots should be treated like handicapped spaces.

When I run into ICE situations, I usually put a home made, courteous note (copies of which I carry around in my car) on the car's windshield explaining the situation to the driver and requesting that they not park in EV slots in the future.

This drives me nuts. We pay $50 extra to register EV's in Colorado, and have to put the EV sticker on our windshield, but the state won't do anything to protect EV charging spots.

Hopefully our new Governor will make some changes.

HB-1298 Passed last Friday. Provides for a $150 fine + $32 Surcharge for blocking Electrical Car Charging Station with ICE vehicles. Most bills go in effect in August. Electric Motor Vehicle Charging Station Parking | Colorado General Assembly

• Love
Reactions: MitchMitch
Yes, signed by gov.

As I read the law, the property owner needs to post signs, including fine info. GIven that this hotel has not done anything in the past to keep ICEs out of the SC spots, including employees parking there, I wonder if they'll be willing to do the signage.

I wonder whether Tesla might have the right to put up the sign?
I haven't seen the text of the law, but I'm certain they would not. Tesla just has a use agreement with these places to install the Superchargers on their property. I'm sure the law would be written such that this ability (responsibility?) to put up the signage is up to the property owner, which Tesla is not.

I was on a business trip in Glenwood Springs this week, staying in the Courtyard with a full view of the Supercharger. The ICEing was over the top. I asked one person to move from the safety of my room. She was belligerent as all get out, but did move. Didn't matter though as another ICE came along and took the same spot. The worst offender IMO, was a Model 3 that sat in an SC space unplugged all night. That one received a note.

I-70 Extended Closure between MM 116 and MM 140 in both directions due to wildfire activity in Glenwood Canyon.

Recommend Grand Junction to Poncha Springs via US 50 and US 24 or US 285 eastbound, or the reverse going westbound. This bypass of Glenwood Canyon was likely a reason that Tesla put a Supercharger Station in Poncha Springs.

As always, current road information and webcams in Colorado can be obtained from cotrip.org

Last edited:
I don’t know if that’s the reason. More so that it’s basically the only charger in southern Colorado
Yes, Poncha Springs is very important to the many Tesla owners and travelers in SW Colorado. However, at the time rural, way off the Interstate, Supercharger Stations were uncommon, save for the original transcontinental route (Moab, Blanding, Farmington). Glenwood Canyon is often closed by rock slides, so an alternate route to I-70 through the canyon was desperately needed.

Nowadays more secondary routes are being populated with Supercharger Stations, I'm happy to see (Kremmling, Estes Park). Still waiting on Alamosa, Kayenta and US 160, however!

Kremmling!? When did that happen? Been waiting since 2016 for the Steamboat Springs Supercharger. "Target opening in (place current year here, and update each January)".
Kremmling opened on Saturday: Supercharger - Kremmling, CO

Rumor is that they will probably skip Steamboat Springs, replacing it with Kremmling and possibly Craig.

Reactions: sdoorex