Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is funny is local posters are all saying the same thing, it's going into a really busy part of the parking lot. We know that, how can they not?

If you take the red rectangle and move it south across the street you can see that there are no cars there. It's like that a lot. I always park there because no one else does and it lessens my chances of getting dinged.

So if it's to be in the middle of the center why not there? Maybe those spots are in someone's lease, or maybe whoever planned this doesn't have a Tesla or know anyone who does and doesn't know how charging stations work and doesn't know that there are no other options for 40 miles in either direction.

Anyway, we all know there are going to be problems, they must too, there must be a reason it's going where it is.

I'm still very happy to have it, I'm a night owl, so I'm fine with midnight charging.

No movement at all for a few days, hopefully we are not shooting ourselves in the foot. Maybe whoever planned this found this thread and said, hey, wait a minute there might be a problem here:)
I'm sure they want to put them somewhere it's convenient for people to see/walk over to the stores, it should be fine as long as they are only for charging and not for general parking too,

looks like there is some progress. Does anyone know what the concrete pad is for?

Attachments

• B812E660-7BDC-492B-96D3-F2A03B2C4259.jpeg
    B812E660-7BDC-492B-96D3-F2A03B2C4259.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 96
hi folks. p3d+ owner here circa September 27, 2018. not a homeowner. been driving to buellton/oxnard to charge. locked and loaded for the completion of this glorious build. Is this pad for the generator box?

Attachments

• A5B57CB7-BF78-4318-9767-1A2E5FDB7F8B.jpeg
    A5B57CB7-BF78-4318-9767-1A2E5FDB7F8B.jpeg
    797.4 KB · Views: 59
No movement at all for a few days, hopefully we are not shooting ourselves in the foot. Maybe whoever planned this found this thread and said, hey, wait a minute there might be a problem here:)

I took this last night, and it looks like they're getting ready to install pedestals and have the pad ready for the utility transformer.
hi folks. p3d+ owner here circa September 27, 2018. not a homeowner. been driving to buellton/oxnard to charge. locked and loaded for the completion of this glorious build. Is this pad for the generator box?

Pretty sure that's where Edison will put their transformer. I'm guessing the Tesla Supercharger DC converters are going to in that remaining dirt area.

I know SC's are supposed to be near restaurants and shops but there are ways to do it that keeps them out of the main lots and doesn't encourage ICE cars to park there. Look at other popular locations like Oxnard and Thousand Oaks. TO East for example is a 30 second walk before your feet hit the main mall sidewalk yet it's on the far end of the mall. If you wanted to walk to the opposite end where Lemonade and Shake Shack are located, it wouldn't take too long. I stopped in Oxnard tonight - again, nobody ICE's the spot because it's far away. It takes a few minutes to walk to Whole Foods. We got groceries and walked back in under 20 minutes total (including shopping and paying and walking). The location these are supposedly going in, in Goleta, are going to be a nightmare. I don't even park in those spots now because of how awkward the layout is. You have that row then a bunch of spots parallel and then the perpendicular spots facing the shops. Lots of tight angles to maneuver. If there are cars parked on the opposite spaces, it's going to be tight to back in. I suspect these won't be reliably available before 10 PM each night.

i personally could care less where they put it. i been driving out of town to charge for over a year now. i would way a good point to make is Tesla will enroute the fleet in a way so as to reduce traffic. “traffic control” tho not everyone will abide.

i personally could care less where they put it. i been driving out of town to charge for over a year now. i would way a good point to make is Tesla will enroute the fleet in a way so as to reduce traffic. “traffic control” tho not everyone will abide.

Can you try that again? I might be alone, but I don't know what you are trying to say.

Plenty of parking and never busy on the Girsh Park side of the lot. 1-2 min walk to restroom and food. With the Supercharger at the end of the lot, Tesla’s enter from Santa Felicia instead of through the middle of the market place.

Plenty of parking and never busy on the Girsh Park side of the lot. 1-2 min walk to restroom and food. With the Supercharger at the end of the lot, Tesla’s enter from Santa Felicia instead of through the middle of the market place.

What does this even mean? Who cares if there is parking on Girsh Park side. That doesn't dictate where Teslas will enter or who will ICE the spots.

Tesla directs the fleet during navigation. They most likely will send them around the shopping center rather then directly to the stalls. I think this will greatly reduce traffic issues.

Even if that's right, we still have the thousand plus or so local cars that have no reason to navigate.

Good for you being young and buying a car like that, it's really hard to live here and do that when starting out, you have my admiration.

Last edited:
Even if that's right, we still have the thousand plus or so local cars that have no reason to navigate.

Good for you being young and buying a car like that, it's really hard to live here and do that when starting out, you have my admiration.

while that is true, i always recommend navigating to a Supercharger 100% of the time so that your Tezla can determine if your battery needs to be preconditioned. :)

while that is true, i always recommend navigating to a Supercharger 100% of the time so that your Tezla can determine if your battery needs to be preconditioned. :)

interesting and useful point. I did not think of that when heading towards known SC locations. Of course, even if locals use the navigation feature, it does not mean they need to follow it to get where they are going. I wonder if Tesla tracks such deviations? They should.. I have had navigation propose an utterly ridiculous route to an SC... but I digress... not the point of this thread.

12 stalls, 1000 or more locals... it will be fascinating to see this unfold. If 26 actually go in at 5 points, that should ease the pain from tragic to merely impossible.

Reactions: chriscasti