Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by today. lots o progress. also, lots o supplies still in the back of home depee. I bet this is gonna move quick in the next few weeks. my birthday is march 16th, i hope Tezla gots my back with the best gift ever!!

Attachments

• 45FF78DD-7676-450F-9BB8-EA3AC730F31F.jpeg
    45FF78DD-7676-450F-9BB8-EA3AC730F31F.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 105
  • B3DCCA6A-019B-420C-9901-AE8D4657BD37.jpeg
    B3DCCA6A-019B-420C-9901-AE8D4657BD37.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: erthquake
I took off over Camino Real today, got a picture of the entrance to the center. We were drifting North a little, I really wanted to see the site.

Anyway, you might be able to see what I'm talking about, looks like two pads. Whatever is there the Ambient guys did it, so it's related.

View attachment 513347
This makes the first case of aerial surveillance of Supercharger construction that I'm aware of!

I think another advantage of an NDA (whether formal or not) is protection against complaints and worse. Imagine an eager spectator (any of us, for example) asking, “when will this new Supercharger be open?”

So do we believe there is a NDA or not?

This whole thing got started when my wife asked the SC guys when they were going to get us Superchargers, she was just joking but got a real answer.

Pretty much the same thing happened at the site, she just flat out asked a guy walking past our car, hey, when are you guys going to get this done, not expecting an answer, and he told her.

Not that that was gospel, but do I post what he said, or do I refer to my over/under bet and say which would be right if he was right, or keep it to myself? I can't imagine the contractor follows this thread, but stranger things have happened. I don't want to cause trouble for anyone. Though I didn't say what day this happened, so it would be hard for them to figure out who it was.

does anybody know if the tesla website for supercharger build projects will update with an opening date when it nears? i want to cut that damn ribbon! or be the first one plugged into that V3!

Nothing is likely to change on Tesla’s web site until sometime after it goes online. Not sure about this site specifically (I’m not local) but most Supercharger sites don’t have any kind of opening ceremony, they just start working.

If you want the latest, follow the reports from the intrepid Supercharger hunters in this thread. :)

Bruce.

does anybody know if the tesla website for supercharger build projects will update with an opening date when it nears? i want to cut that damn ribbon! or be the first one plugged into that V3!

I'm pretty sure that the driving factor is what gets installed at the entrance to the center, which I think is SCE equipment. I think you'll see continued progress inside the fence to a point, i.e. bases installed. It will be interesting to see, do they wire the whole thing without actually having power or wait until they have power and then do it.

One thing you could do is just ask them, i did, well, as detailed in a different post my wife did, but we got a time frame, with the assumption that the SCE parts get installed near the entrance.

I charged my car tonight at the mythical free Goleta charger. I charge once a week, I expect to do it three more times there. As I see it getting close,. especially if the SCE parts show up, i will ask.

Total aside, once it hits the map and the app I'm going to go out there just to see the lines, it will be chaos. They could not have picked a worse spot to put it, especially in such an underserved market. But I'm glad they did it nonetheless:) I'll bet that for some time, maybe until they get the five points one going, there will be a Tesla rep there managing traffic. Otherwise.....it will shut the center down traffic wise.

I charged my car tonight at the mythical free Goleta charger. I charge once a week, I expect to do it three more times there. As I see it getting close,. especially if the SCE parts show up, i will ask.

FYI: that mythical charging station fried my connector. I posted about it in another thread. I am not sure if this link will get you there... it’s the raw url from the page my post is on. I had my connector for 32 months... zap. Only a 1 hour charge too. Details at the link... if it works.

see post #65

J1772 Adapter Melted

FYI: that mythical charging station fried my connector. I posted about it in another thread. I am not sure if this link will get you there... it’s the raw url from the page my post is on. I had my connector for 32 months... zap. Only a 1 hour charge too. Details at the link... if it works.

see post #65

J1772 Adapter Melted

If you need to borrow a connector send me a message, I'll be happy to loan you mine. And you can charge your car at my office if you like.

I'll go read the post now.