Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goleta, CA (LIVE 6 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see two tangents here. One me asking for a Model X sitdown for my father, and one me talking about a free charger in Goleta.

I got what I wanted with the wildly off topic Model X, readers of this thread are generally going to be local, unlike any other thread. A local guy who knew who I was responded via email, my screen name kind of gives me away to anyone who knows me. The only response asking where the wildly off topic free charger is located was from.................you. So, when it suited your needs, you participated in an off topic discussion. I assume a wild one at that.

You then brown nosed a moderator, saying the off topic is wild and often.

We've been "off topic" twice as far as I can see, and you posted that you were going to look into profiting from one of them. Are you seeing something different? If so sorry for your suffering. You and I might have different definitions of "wild and often", but go ahead, give it to me, how do you see that here? Maybe I can use your definition in other facets of my life.

In reality there are about six posts worth anything here, one saying where the chargers will be, one confirming it, one saying 12 stalls, one saying V3, and one confirming it. And the one about the free charger, but that's the forbidden off topic that hurts to read. Or whatever the stuffed shirt problem is.

This will be done when it's done, it will show up on everyone's charger map, and no amount of discussion will speed it up or make it any better. So really, what's the point of any of this?

What is your problem man? Are you off your (literal) rocker? I did ask where the local charger was because you and a few other members spent a number of off-topic posts speaking in generalities to keep a public charger your little secret. I asked where it was then edited my post after I figured it out, you went on to post another 300 words with your amateur fiction about fist fights and burnouts in the parking lot. Even recently, you are being weird about the charger. Attention Everyone: it's located at the Mechanics Bank at 5956 Calle Real. Please show support and go there and charge often.

Then you accuse me of "brown-nosing" a moderator. They are sick of your shenanigans and don't need me to tell them about it. Nobody cares about letting your dad sit in a Model X, particularly in this thread. It's the very definition of off-topic. If the charger is going to be done when it's done, what's the point of the thread? How about to get information - which there was plenty of at the beginning (build status, construction crews, site location, number of stalls, v2 or v3).

Reactions: goletaspring
But there was nothing there aside from it. Go look again, they were loading another platform into place last I saw, and digging out where the stalls should be. No movement at all until about an hour after the last picture above was taken, it looked like that for a month at least. They did hit a water line when boring the power tubes, don't know how long that stopped them for. But they are, as my friends in Philadelphia say, cooking with gas now. Hi Ken.

Dropped by the site and yes indeed, they are cooking with gas. A very nice trench is complete along the side where the chargers are likely to be. There were 2 construction vehicles, a backhoe, 5 hard hats and one supervisor type just going at it to the left of the concrete pad. Building forms perhaps? Anyway, a good deal of activity. Pic is pretty dark, but if you explode you can see the backhoe at the back and the trench to the right.

D88DEFF8-9B39-4CEF-9719-A93B00B48C19.jpeg

.... a few other members spent a number of off-topic posts speaking in generalities to keep a public charger your little secret....

Anyone that has the app “PlugShare” (likely
many others too) knows the location. I just checked and at least 14 different Tesla’s have posted a “Checked in” note to the app. And those are just the Tesla’s that made the effort to post (I was one). So for those still searching for the “hidden secret free chargers around town”, I recommend the app “PlugShare”. It’s a free app (at least it was when I got 3 years ago) and very easy to use. That’s how I found several free chargers around town. Also came in very handy from Rivier-du-Loup to Halifax summer 2017 when there were no superchargers along that route (now there are at least 4 taking all the adventure out of the journey...:) ).

Enjoy the hunt!

There is a second pad poured. I'd be curious as to what they are pouring it on, yesterday it was a frame on a hole.

Anger management issues and unable to discern humor, that's too bad. Counting words in a post, maybe a little obsessive.

I suspect anyone who can use the free charger knows where it is, it's been there for years, and I'd bet that less than 1% of its usage comes from people on here. It's hardly a secret. I don't know how I would really take a poll, there are not really marauders there, I would guess one person thought I was serious. Well, I wouldn't have guessed any originally.

I have a free 40A charger at my office building, and free supercharging. I use the other charger usually at night if I see it is empty, but when the superchargers open I doubt I'll be using it again, No hidden agenda, just some levity, thought it obvious.

Last edited:
I have to get a new phone, if I'd have taken that picture you'd see the streetlights and that's about it.

Yesterday there was a big hole next to where the second pad is, must have been for access. That looks a whole lot like next up is pull wires and add equipment. Although I don't think they've dug out spots for the pedestals.

I'm going to be gone this weekend, for my friend a few pages back I'm going to see Marcus King in Denver, I thought he was that good.

Anyway, what we should do is someone post a picture or a few Friday after they are done working on it, and we do an over/under, in weeks. Try to get the pads and the channel to where the stations will be in the pictures. From what I've seen I nominate Chris, if he can do it, he seems to have the best camera.

My over/under today was 5.5, my wife says 9. She doesn't get the .5 part, no pushes allowed. The bet is on that it can charge a car and is ready to go. I was going under.

It might, and I know nothing to suggest this, have a specified opening date, and it's possible that it could be ready and sit. I don't see why, but I think they'd test it. If they did that and had a car on it and it was not open someone would see it. If that someone didn't have the right number I'd believe him/her:)

Prize is......bragging rights, I guess, though if we want to make it interesting I can come up with something better.

There goes my over/under under. I had lunch there today, it was dry at that point, and there was an Edison truck there. Gate was closed, couldn't see anything without being more obvious than I wanted to be.

If they did drill into a pipe again, they must have a terrible utilities map. If I was the guy doing the drilling I'd be asking, "are you sure about the gas?"

Reactions: CharleyBC
If the charger is going to be done when it's done, what's the point of the thread? How about to get information - which there was plenty of at the beginning (build status, construction crews, site location, number of stalls, v2 or v3).

Me: "In reality there are about six posts worth anything here, one saying where the chargers will be, one confirming it, one saying 12 stalls, one saying V3, and one confirming it. And the one about the free charger, but that's the forbidden off topic that hurts to read. Or whatever the stuffed shirt problem is."

Ummm, did you copy/paste from what I said, while yelling at me?

Good on topic information coming now, in the interim, not so much, but not much to be had, either.

When is the last time you posted on topic? What have you added to this? Posting off topic and then saying you edited it is somewhat like parking in a red zone with your emergency flashers on. That somehow makes it different. It doesn't. You posted off topic, and then complained about off topic posts. Can't have it both ways, my friend.

If you want to argue about it further, feel free to contact me, so you can stop with the off topic posts you so dislike. Or, even better, if my posts bother you too much, this forum does have an "ignore" function, ignore me.

4PM, water still flowing, I've not been back since. Had dinner at Calle Real, my wife calls it buying a waiter. None of that at Camino Real.

I still think it a good idea to take a couple of pictures, one of the pads and one of the......trench where the chargers are likely to go, and guess anyway, You could still bet on the Super Bowl when Mahomes dislocated his knee, wish I'd have gone in there. I think it went to 16:1. No such payout here:)

Last edited:
One of my friends who works for the contractor that fixed the first water break texted me yesterday afternoon, said I'm driving through Camino Real, looks like your supercharger site is getting hosed, literally. 2015 85D saw it. But today, electrical equipment moving in.

They do have one of the street hole covers coned off, I didn't see it yesterday, don't know if that's the leaker.

Kind of a bad drive by picture, but stil...

IMG_7190.jpg

No one working at the site today. Here is a pic taken from the same peep hole as my post Monday, 5 days ago. By the way, 7 Tesla’s in the parking lot including mine. And I only looked a at a few rows.

There are so many Teslas here it's unbelievable. My record at one sighting was at Calle Real and Fairview stoplights, either 11 or 12, including me.

Really nice pictures from both of you, I'll stay at five weeks.

Reactions: erthquake
Midnight Silver Model 3. ZZ Top beard. Beard on the son, not the car.

Got it, will look.might be easier if the beard was on the car. I saw ZZ top a few months ago, those are some long beards. If memory serves, the drummer, who has no beard, has the last name of Beard

I might be easy for him to find. My hobby is cars, muscle cars and Porsches. Though after I bought my Tesla I won't be without one again, same as elderly 911's.

I'm very easy to spot, and it would be fun doing it, so I'll watch for him either way, but I have a guards red 35 year old Porsche 911 that I drive a lot, it's I think the only one like it in town.

I have a couple more, but don't drive them as much, so if he sees that.........I have a Ron Swanson moustache, I had it before he did, can't miss me.

PVC pointing up in the air at parking spots, too much dirt to count them all, but I'll bet the pedestals move soon. Still taking my under.

Probably 20 guys working today, and a Tesla Energy truck there to boot. Couldn't see a thing inside the fence, lots of dirt piles, though.

What I was calling spot 3, which is near the entrance to the center, it almost looks like a piece of equipment goes there. I've not looked closely. The fencing is gone, but it looks like it might be a pad.

They must have power or the capability of power if they need something at spot 3, they are fixing the road into the center, where they dug holes to bore

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake