Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Greenwich CT - Merritt Parkway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should still call even though it is not officially opened. This info is important for Tesla to have. I called about it 2 weeks ago. We should just try to keep this top of mind so that it is repaired prior to opening.

I just called to let them know. He seemed to indicate that they were still in maintenance mode and not fully visible to the support team yet.

As an owner of a 42 panel solar array (and a Model S! great combo), there is a dark underbelly to a sloped solar canopy. Solar panels shed - all at once oftentimes - and anything that is underneath is pretty much crushed when there is as much snow as we have in CT right now. Just ask my box woods, or my contractor who I told not to park where he did. He had a table saw set up in the bed and the panels shed right on top. Luckily the saw wasn't destroyed, but it was under about 5' of snow. Bad news.

So, I like the idea of a canopy, and I love solar, but not sure I want one right where my Model S may be at any given moment.

I am headed to Downtown Boston in the near future and was planning on using the Greenwich SC and take the inland route, Merritt, 84, Mass Pike. In December in warmer weather I charged in Darien on my way the Boson suburbs and the hills on 84 were tough on range. Google says 187 miles for this route to Boston. Has anyone else tried this route in mid-20's temps and recall what the range used was. I can charge at my destination in Boston, so I just need enough to get there.

I drove 195 miles from a location about 15 miles south of the Merritt SC to Arlington, MA and used 230 rated miles (I did a trip charge to 246 and arrived with 15 rated miles). I was doing 72 up until 84 where all the hilliness starts and then did the speed limit ... it was also at that point where the temps dropped below 32F. I used range mode. Temps were around 25F when I arrived.
I think you'll be fine -- just watch your speed and don't let the low Wh/m you get SW of Hartford fool you into thinking you can drive faster because of the hills you'll later encounter.
Like Ed said, use Natick if you get in a bind for some reason (80 amp HPWC's).

I am headed to Downtown Boston in the near future and was planning on using the Greenwich SC and take the inland route, Merritt, 84, Mass Pike. In December in warmer weather I charged in Darien on my way the Boson suburbs and the hills on 84 were tough on range. Google says 187 miles for this route to Boston. Has anyone else tried this route in mid-20's temps and recall what the range used was. I can charge at my destination in Boston, so I just need enough to get there.

I drive to Boston regularly from Redding, CT (20 miles NNE of Darien) which is 170 miles door to door. Just did it this week in mid-20s temps. Range charge to 244. 75mph the whole way, with the exception of very downtown Hartford. Had 40 rated left on my arrival downtown. That was with a gusty crosswind up to 25mph. Slow down to 70mph and you will make it without an issue. Just watch out for rain or heavy headwinds.

The hills aren't as bad as they seem. I always get stressed out before Waterbury, calm through Hartford, then stressed again up to the Mass Pike. Once I hit the Pike it's mostly downhill and my projected range becomes quite a bit better. You will be in the hole at times on 84 ... projected range less than your remaining distance. It will come pack on the Mass Pike. Plus you can bail in Natick if you need to get a few more miles.

As an owner of a 42 panel solar array (and a Model S! great combo), there is a dark underbelly to a sloped solar canopy. Solar panels shed - all at once oftentimes - and anything that is underneath is pretty much crushed when there is as much snow as we have in CT right now. Just ask my box woods, or my contractor who I told not to park where he did. He had a table saw set up in the bed and the panels shed right on top. Luckily the saw wasn't destroyed, but it was under about 5' of snow. Bad news.

So, I like the idea of a canopy, and I love solar, but not sure I want one right where my Model S may be at any given moment.

IOW: a solar canopy is a roof. Don't park next to a snowy roof in winter. They just have to ensure they have a clear, cordoned, well-signed space behind the canopies.

I usually take the Merritt from Westchester up to where it becomes the Wilbur Cross just after the Sikorsky bridge. There's a short connector to 95 and Milford SC is just a couple miles north on 95. Then I take 91 north to Hartford and 84.

I like stopping in Milford because it breaks up the drive, I don't need to range charge, and the charging is at higher speeds as the battery is low.

Sorry for not catching this, but which Greenwich SC are those photos of? The SC in Greenwich, RI? Or did they put something in Greenwich, CT? I don't see anything on Tesla's list of SC for Greenwich, CT.
Thanks.

These are Greenwich, CT which is not officially on any Tesla material yet!
But its been open for a while...

I stopped by both SCs today.. None of the SB chargers were operational .. They wouldn't even open the charge port. Crossed the highway to the NB side and got massive amps charging, at one point it said I was charging at 245 miles/hour.
The exact same things happened to me today. I drive from MA down to NJ and had about 11 miles of range left. So was very nervous when seeing all 4 of the stalls didn't work.
Yes, I did call Tesla SC support and report those didn't work for me. They said it looked fine from their side. I went to the NB side and started charging just fine. Just had to loop around to get back in the right direction.

The exact same things happened to me today. I drive from MA down to NJ and had about 11 miles of range left. So was very nervous when seeing all 4 of the stalls didn't work.
Yes, I did call Tesla SC support and report those didn't work for me. They said it looked fine from their side. I went to the NB side and started charging just fine. Just had to loop around to get back in the right direction.

I think I would have lost my cool at this point and said something snarky.

Has anybody visited the SB chargers recently? I was there a few weeks ago to check them out and none were operational. If the NB chargers have been operational for some time now, any idea why they haven't been added to the Tesla supercharger map?

My guess is they're having some intermittent problems and won't put them on the map officially until they're worked out. I will be heading down that way on the 26th-27th so will give them a try then. Will probably stop in Milford on the way down to be safe.

Hi to the community. First ever charge of my brand new Model S that was delivered yesterday. Work is just few miles away so I came in to try the NB plazza. Both 1B yielded red light but 1A is currently working, and as I type it show consistent delivery of 140A at 386v. I'll try and report on the SB on of those days.

Hi to the community. First ever charge of my brand new Model S that was delivered yesterday. Work is just few miles away so I came in to try the NB plazza. Both 1B yielded red light but 1A is currently working, and as I type it show consistent delivery of 140A at 386v. I'll try and report on the SB on of those days.

Congrats on your new Model S! I went over 7 months before my first supercharge I think...