Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction fence is gone. Still missing the cables.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Slowing down drastically decreases your kwh/mi.

Someone went 550 miles on one charge in an 85D...they went 25MPH the whole way. I realize that's drastic, but if you're running low on charge and worried about making it to your destination, just slow down and you'll get a lot more range. I'd rather drive at 55MPH than charge on an L2 charger along the way at 25MPH...unless I was planning on stopping there anyway.

Reactions: InTheShadows
Ok, this is really disturbing. I just checked threads for Southampton, Lindale and Shreveport and all show nearly completed installations with stalls minus the charge cables. I have been following supercharger installations for two years now and have not seen stalls installed minus cables.

Ok, this is really disturbing. I just checked threads for Southampton, Lindale and Shreveport and all show nearly completed installations with stalls minus the charge cables. I have been following supercharger installations for two years now and have not seen stalls installed minus cables.
Scratch Lindale from that list, later pics show the cables.

I wonder if the install team delays cable installation until the chargers are ready to be energized in order to avoid cable (copper) theft?

I wondered the same thing.

I also wondered if they wait to install the cables to avoid confusion as to whether it is operational yet or not. Maybe there was some confusion prior to past openings, potentially leaving some wishfully optimistic drivers stranded?

Reactions: madodel
There are a few superchargers like that. Burlington, VT comes to mind, the power is provided by Healthy Living.

I was going to say, the only other supercharger (that I know of so far) where the power is provided by/sponsored by the local business is Burlington, VT

It wouldn't surprise me that there are already/will eventually be more such Super Chargers.

Reactions: madodel