Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Harrisburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
They are putting in the cables right now. The knife switches are closed.
Construction guy says the tesla technician is here for his portion of the inspection. The last inspection won't be performed until everything is up and running. He didn't seem to think it will be "open for business" today yet.
Tagless S85 parked nearby seems to be the test subject.

Really? That is awesome. Please let me know. I could use them on my way back this evening. A direct route back would be nice. (Sorry Allentown folks)

Also saw my first in the wild Model X at Hamilton SC last night. It was beautiful.

Just spoke to the tesla tech. He is "commissioning " the stalls now. He said they will just need ppl to complete the inspection. I asked when it would be done and he said maybe early next or "sooner". Really cool to watch him do his thing.

Just spoke to the tesla tech. He is "commissioning " the stalls now. He said they will just need ppl to complete the inspection. I asked when it would be done and he said maybe early next or "sooner". Really cool to watch him do his thing.
Early next...day, week, hopefully not month or year but this is Tesla so I've learned not to get my hopes up with their delivery estimates!

I kind of regret going back to work after this last visit. It would have been interesting to see the tesla tech go through the checking process.

It should look a little something like this--

Reactions: smb5104 and Lanny
Garr...I'm traveling from New Jersey to Bedford, Pennsylvania and back Sunday night and Monday. May still be an RV park recharge for me. Thanks to everyone providing these great updates!
I had very good luck last week with the chademo at Brenner Nissan coming and going to Pittsburgh. When I pulled in a dealership employee was parking a car in front of the charger. As soon as he saw me he waved and started pulling back out. I only needed 15 mins or so to reduce the pucker going from Somerset to Allentown in my 70D. And the Sheetz is a short distance down the road for a backup plan.

Ken

I stopped this morning and talked to Ed the electrician.
When I pulled up he was talking to the police. He told me someone drove by this morning while he was in the johnny and swiped his toolbag. Sucks!
He was filing a police report and he had to run to Lowes to get the tools to finish the job.
The site is energized but not on, pending PP&L approval. PP&L is worried that the guide wires to the pole will wash out so they want a retaining wall built in back of the cabinet to stabilize the wires. That's supposed to happen this weekend. They may grant approval to turn the site on before that but not a certainty.
A separate inspection is scheduled for this afternoon.
So, keep holding your breath.

• Informative
Reactions: NJ Plugin and Lanny
I stopped this morning and talked to Ed the electrician.
When I pulled up he was talking to the police. He told me someone drove by this morning while he was in the johnny and swiped his toolbag. Sucks!
He was filing a police report and he had to run to Lowes to get the tools to finish the job.

HA! I'll most likely never bring my car here... I wish they'd check with locals before building these...

Wow that sucks for that guy, but seriously reinforces my opinion of the area...

Last edited: