Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Haymarket, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this help? Still no power to the charging towers as of this morning.

View attachment 361610

Yes that does. As soon as it moves we know we are live. I wonder if Tesla is unaware that Dominion is live. As I recall on springfield Big Earl cause them both on site at the same time. Dominion connected and Tesla checked out there equipment and turned it on that day.

I don't recall when I did a service a couple years ago. when the meter lights up like this the utility is on line. It's not just a static display.

Here a hum at the green transformer?

Yes that does. As soon as it moves we know we are live. I wonder if Tesla is unaware that Dominion is live. As I recall on springfield Big Earl cause them both on site at the same time. Dominion connected and Tesla checked out there equipment and turned it on that day.

I don't recall when I did a service a couple years ago. when the meter lights up like this the utility is on line. It's not just a static display.

Here a hum at the green transformer?

Yeah Springfield was the same way. Power company finishes up their part of the project and turns on the juice, meter lights up, then Tesla comes and commissions the site. The meter will read zeros until Tesla turns on their switchgear and starts testing the site.

Still no power to the pylons and the ‘4’ on the meter hasn’t changed. On the plus side, the transformer is definitely humming.

Then it's back on Tesla, for final check out And calibration.

Wonder if someone should tweet Elon asking him why this one isn't on. He needs this turned on for year end numbers.;)

I just got notified on my site for Friday turn on. :D

We’re up and running!

Attachments

• 8BD080CE-3DB3-45EA-A1FD-6D634B53A69F.jpeg
    8BD080CE-3DB3-45EA-A1FD-6D634B53A69F.jpeg
    471.9 KB · Views: 91
They seem to be still messing about with the concrete in the two far ones. They apparently messed it up once already but they’re working on it now. A truck with some sort of concrete construction logo pulled up before i left. No reason to suspect those pylons aren’t working too.

• Helpful
Reactions: jrich703
Woohoo!!! Would a ribbon cutting this Saturday or Sunday be too early?

@Lanny @Half Dollar Bill @Big Earl @jthompson @jcadman22 @andrewket
I have holiday travel the next two weeks. I'd offer to pass my scissors and ribbon off to @jcadman22 but he'd probably keep them for a few months :oops:
And if you get the kind of crowd from the Springfield opening, you may want more than half the chargers available.
The Philly urban charger was going to open soon too. If you don't get this one for the holidays, we could start lining up weekends in Jan. Let me know.

Attachments

• 3B5BBEA8-D6E7-4002-BB66-C822E36F84E1.jpeg
    3B5BBEA8-D6E7-4002-BB66-C822E36F84E1.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 79419843-AECA-4479-BD38-EEE9239E9D94.jpeg
    79419843-AECA-4479-BD38-EEE9239E9D94.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 64