Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hayward, CA (LIVE 22 Jun 2019, 16 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the fences are down and I tried to charge today but nothing.
Then looked behind the switchgear and found that they are missing the transformer.

Looks to be soon depending on PG&E.

IMG_0844.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq and wyldtek
I think I was also trying it at about the same time you were around. Keep us posted if they come back online!
As I understand the post by @steves_mousse the chargers were not operational when he was there. See the photo he posted of his car display showing the message “Unable to charge - check power source”.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Moderator note: This post was merged from a new thread.

Just saw these Tesla Urban Chargers in the Hayward Target parking lot (on Hesperian Blvd at Golf Course Road). Not activated as of 4/28/19

12 - back in
1 - front in
1 - handicapped

2227.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even today is still not activated. who know when it is going to be ready?

Nobody outside of Tesla knows. Even they might not, because bringing up a Supercharger depends on other processes over which they have no control, such as inspections, PG&E transformer / hookup, etc.

Patience, young Padawan...

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: doofenshmirtz
According to this site:
supercharge.info
I see a pattern that most superchargers' posted date to open date from permit > construction > open is about 5 weeks. Hopefully this one will be opened within the next couple weeks. Getting excited~!! :)
5 weeks from permit approved to being operational is unheard of. Just review the threads in this forum and you will see that timeframe is unrealistic.

Reactions: gaswalla
5 weeks from permit approved to being operational is unheard of. Just review the threads in this forum and you will see that timeframe is unrealistic.

There have been sites that have gone from breaking ground to open in less than 5 weeks. In this case, though, the site is apparently waiting for installation of the utility transformer which in California takes a few weeks. Once that is installed, the site will probably go operational promptly.