Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henryetta, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Supercharger in Henryetta OK has said “Coming Soon” since 2016:

Henryetta, OK | Tesla

It’s now almost 2020. I am delaying buying a 2nd Tesla because I constantly travel up 69 and this is a dead zone for chargers. This location would be perfect and connect Dallas to Tulsa.

Anyone local see any progress? How long can Tesla keep delaying this charger?

Fingers crossed it launches soon with v3!

No info on superchargers, but Plugshare shows 2 CHAdeMO stations that might be operative along that route. 1 in McAlester, TX and 1 in Henryetta, OK that might help tide you over until Tesla gets the supercharger built.

Yeah, so just got my TM3 and parents live in Tulsa and head there few times a year, basically have to charge all the way up to 320miles full and drive carefully to make it to hard rock catoosa supercharger with hardly any miles left. there is a MUCH needed supercharger on 69. Truthfully I think Henryetta isnt the best, but it is if they can put one there and then the other at Dennison I guess but Mcalester area for just a single one would be ideal. If you do have to charge, i recommend on plugshare finding rover taxi, super NICE bunch there. PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Yeah, so just got my TM3 and parents live in Tulsa and head there few times a year, basically have to charge all the way up to 320miles full and drive carefully to make it to hard rock catoosa supercharger with hardly any miles left. there is a MUCH needed supercharger on 69. Truthfully I think Henryetta isnt the best, but it is if they can put one there and then the other at Dennison I guess but Mcalester area for just a single one would be ideal. If you do have to charge, i recommend on plugshare finding rover taxi, super NICE bunch there. PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Why would you not go through OKC? Plenty of superchargers on that route. Drop your destination into ABRP and let it get you there. abetterrouteplanner.com (a very cool tool)

Why would you not go through OKC?
Because it takes an hour longer? Even more with the additional charging. And it also adds more miles to the car, tires, etc.

I would be doing the same thing he is doing for that drive, at least if the conditions were decent. Might be tough during a cold snap.

The primary purpose for a supercharger in Henryetta is to serve I-40 traffic. Any service of US69 is merely ancillary.

Reactions: henderrj
Because it takes an hour longer? Even more with the additional charging. And it also adds more miles to the car, tires, etc.
I would be doing the same thing he is doing for that drive, at least if the conditions were decent. Might be tough during a cold snap.
The primary purpose for a supercharger in Henryetta is to serve I-40 traffic. Any service of US69 is merely ancillary.

Sometimes you just have to take less than optimal routes to drive electric. At least it is reasonably possible.

Last edited:
Is that the adapter that comes with the Tesla?
No. What's needed to use it is a CHAdeMO adapter, not the J1772 adapter that comes with the car. Here's the link to the right adapter type on Tesla's shop: CHAdeMO Adapter

For this particular location though, you might not need your own. The listing on Plugshare says that the Jiffy Mart which hosts the chargers has an adapter available at the register for Tesla drivers to borrow and there are a number of people who have written check-in reports saying that they've used it with their Teslas.

• Informative
Reactions: mrau
Just did the San Antonio to Tulsa route (through Dallas). I had ordered a chademo to Tesla adapeter but it arrived a day late. Rover Taxi in McAlester has two of these adapters and they were easy to borrow. Next time (own the adapter now) I can use the Francis charger on the turnpike or stop in at Rover Taxi to say hi (Brian is super nice!). You have to add the Francis app to you phone and add a minimum of $20 to it. Charging was at 50kw.

I live in Dallas and have family in Catoosa, so have been looking at this journey for a while now

Henryetta or Dennison would certainly make it easier, though if the Y I ordered ever does materialise, it should theoretically be able to make the journey in one hop, albeit with not much of a reserve. I suppose I could take the Tollway to Plano and top up there, then 121 back onto 75...just to take the edge off it

I've never done the OKC route, though maybe it's not too bad being all Interstate. Dropping the speed in Atoka and all those other small towns gets really old

I guess I'll find out, because you know I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to flaunt the Y in front of my older brother 😈

I live in Dallas and have family in Catoosa, so have been looking at this journey for a while now

Henryetta or Dennison would certainly make it easier, though if the Y I ordered ever does materialise, it should theoretically be able to make the journey in one hop, albeit with not much of a reserve. I suppose I could take the Tollway to Plano and top up there, then 121 back onto 75...just to take the edge off it

I've never done the OKC route, though maybe it's not too bad being all Interstate. Dropping the speed in Atoka and all those other small towns gets really old

I guess I'll find out, because you know I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to flaunt the Y in front of my older brother 😈
~270 miles is a tough leg in any Tesla. I wouldn't recommend it as your first road trip. Just go through OKC and get used to the car and what those Rated Miles really mean.

They have Chademo adapters to borrow in McAlester. If you go through Ada, you can message me and you can borrow mine if I'm in town.

Reactions: MarkeR2002
Agree with PLUS EV. Do NOT attempt with 270 miles between stops. In my LR Model Y the max it’ll do is 250, and that’s driving conservatively.

I just made the trip across OK and there is a huge gap here. They need Henryetta (no ETA) and Denison (Q1 2022) ASAP.

If you’re making the trip I’d highly recommend buying a CHAdeMO adapter. I bought one and it was life saving. Yes, you could technically get through Rover Taxi in McAllester (they have them to borrow) but all the other stops you’ll be out of luck.

Check out PlugShare and Francis Energy (they’re big in OK) and with an adapter and some extra time to charge you’ll be fine until Tesla steps up their game for OK.

Definitely agree on hoping they step up for this location. I do wish there was one in McAlester as well. I tried DC charging at the Francis Energy at Rover Taxi using their CHAdeMO adapter and was only able to get between 32 and 42 kwhr (averaged in at 36) for my 2019 MX Raven.

Definitely agree on hoping they step up for this location. I do wish there was one in McAlester as well. I tried DC charging at the Francis Energy at Rover Taxi using their CHAdeMO adapter and was only able to get between 32 and 42 kwhr (averaged in at 36) for my 2019 MX Raven.
The thing about CHAdeMO charging on a Tesla is that the adapter is amperage limited to 125A (and if the CHAdeMO station is older it may be limited to 100A). This means that the charging profile is different from a supercharger and the charging strategy is therefore also different. On CHAdeMO, it'll start at a lower power output level and steadily increase up to the point where your battery starts to taper down the charge power because it's almost full (i.e. ~80 to 85% full). When supercharging, you'll get higher charge rates when starting your session with a lower SOC (state of charge, i.e. emptier battery). This means that you're going to be more efficient if you plan to arrive at the supercharger with a low SOC and only charge up enough to make it to the next supercharger station with an acceptable buffer margin. With CHAdeMO, the opposite is the case. The CHAdeMO station will start at a lower power the lower your starting SOC and a higher power with a higher SOC. This is due to the amperage limit. So, assuming you have multiple options, the optimal charging strategy is aiming to start CHAdeMO sessions earlier in a trip leg, when you have a fuller battery, rather than later when when it's less full.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
This is a normal charge rate for a Tesla with Chademo adapter. 40kW is about average. I've never actually gotten 50kW.

Bad news. Tesla updated their supercharger map and no additions for OK. Also, Henryetta still doesn’t have a Quarter listed which means they haven’t secured a location and we’re looking at minimum a year out.

They need to step up their game in OK, or release a CCS adapter!

Reactions: eddietx