Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henryetta, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point, I've been eyeballing the third party CCS but I'm very hesitant at this point due to reliability. Would love to see an OEM CCS adapter as 30-40kwhr on chademo is rather slow. Anybody know how to influence Tesla's supercharger location prioritization?

They have Chademo adapters to borrow in McAlester. If you go through Ada, you can message me and you can borrow mine if I'm in town.

Sorry, very remis of me to not say thank you for the kind offer

If I ever do make that journey, I'll ping you

Bad news. Tesla updated their supercharger map and no additions for OK. Also, Henryetta still doesn’t have a Quarter listed which means they haven’t secured a location and we’re looking at minimum a year out.

They need to step up their game in OK, or release a CCS adapter!
I have a friend who owns a restaurant off Hwy69 in Henryetta and I told him to contact Tesla about installing a charger on his property. He hasn't heard back from them yet. He's across from where the new QT is being built. Prime location. He has the land.... maybe put some pressure on Tesla to speed it up....

Reactions: L3X1
Bad news. Tesla updated their supercharger map and no additions for OK. Also, Henryetta still doesn’t have a Quarter listed which means they haven’t secured a location and we’re looking at minimum a year out.

They need to step up their game in OK, or release a CCS adapter!
I have a friend who owns a restaurant in Henryetta off Hwy 69 with land and I told him to contact Tesla, but he hasn't heard back. He's across the Hwy from the new QT they're building. He's in a prime location. WITH LAND to build on.

I have a friend who owns a restaurant in Henryetta off Hwy 69 with land and I told him to contact Tesla, but he hasn't heard back. He's across the Hwy from the new QT they're building. He's in a prime location. WITH LAND to build on.

Huge gap traveling from MO to TX. Even with Denison it’s still not enough to reach Catoosa.

I will eat at his restaurant every month. Please have him keep bug them! We need this!!

Yes indeed. I'm in Dallas and my brother is in Catoosa - home of one of the only FIVE superchargers in Oklahoma

Getting from one to the other is not an easy task and Henryetta would make ALL The difference

What's the restaurant?

Yes indeed. I'm in Dallas and my brother is in Catoosa - home of one of the only FIVE superchargers in Oklahoma

Getting from one to the other is not an easy task and Henryetta would make ALL The difference

What's the restaurant?
Would love to know as well! I’ll stop by and support a fellow EV fan.

If it wasn’t for the CHAdeMO adapter (and CCS soon) and Francis EV chargers, OK would be a no-go zone!

Im curious as to why Henryetta was chosen over McAlester, the latter has a population 3 times larger than Henryetta, and is at a confluence of roads leading to/from Muskogee, Tulsa, Ft Smith, Dallas, and Paris. Seems like it'd be a superior spot.

Im curious as to why Henryetta was chosen over McAlester, the latter has a population 3 times larger than Henryetta, and is at a confluence of roads leading to/from Muskogee, Tulsa, Ft Smith, Dallas, and Paris. Seems like it'd be a superior spot.
Agree it needs to be McAlester. But I think they are going for intersection of the turnpike and 40.

Huge gap traveling from MO to TX. Even with Denison it’s still not enough to reach Catoosa.
I am still a little confused here, as I drove there from Missouri, through Oklahoma and down into Texas back in early 2018, and it was fine. Maybe you are talking about a different route. The route I was doing was I-44 through Springfield, Joplin, Tulsa, OK City, and then you've got options, like I-35 down toward Dallas.

I am still a little confused here, as I drove there from Missouri, through Oklahoma and down into Texas back in early 2018, and it was fine. Maybe you are talking about a different route. The route I was doing was I-44 through Springfield, Joplin, Tulsa, OK City, and then you've got options, like I-35 down toward Dallas.

Direct route through 69 is faster.

But Tulsa (Catoosa) to Dallas is 270 miles. I get about 250 miles max in my MY LR. Impossible without 3rd party charging.

Denison TX will help, but still need something in the middle - Henryetta or McAlester will be a life saver and will no longer need a CHAdeMO.

Direct route through 69 is faster.
Oh, well yeah. There are frequently places where the Supercharger route isn't the shortest or most direct.
But Tulsa (Catoosa) to Dallas is 270 miles.
Sure, but the one I was talking about, through OK City and Ardmore is 315 miles. I don't consider 45 miles too bad of an extra distance. I'm dealing with my frustrating place, where the Supercharger route is an extra 120 miles out of the way.