Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henryetta, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Henryetta, OK

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: QuikTrip
Along Primary Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-62, US-75
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-40

To: Van Buren, AR - 97.2 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
From: Oklahoma City - W Sheridan Ave, OK - 92.2 miles (Permit)
To: Ozark, AR - 126.5 miles

US-62

To: Lowell, AR - 154.3 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Miner, MO (v2) - 509.4 miles

US-75

To: Tulsa, OK - 44 miles
To: Topeka, KS (v2) - 271.6 miles

It's been a long time coming, through delays in the host's site development, and then just wondering when it was going to happen, but now, ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment ...

Splitter! On I-40, Henryetta, OK splits 187.9 miles, 92.6 miles from Oklahoma City - NE 36th St, OK, 97.2 miles to Van Buren, AR.

This is, as many, many Tesla owners and non-Tesla-owning Supercharger nerds are aware, the largest gap on current Interstates in the lower 48.
(I was thinking this was the only one left over 140 miles, but there are 4 others. There are also a number of larger gaps for transitions between Interstates.)

But not just that! This site is also a useful splitter on US-62 and US-75.

Last edited:
Henryetta, OK

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: QuikTrip
Along Primary Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-62, US-75
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-40

To: Van Buren, AR - 97.2 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
From: Oklahoma City - W Sheridan Ave, OK - 92.2 miles (Permit)
To: Ozark, AR - 126.5 miles

US-62

To: Lowell, AR - 154.3 miles
To: Miner, MO (v2) - 509.4 miles

US-75

To: Tulsa, OK - 44 miles
To: Topeka, KS (v2) - 271.6 miles

It's been a long time coming, through delays in the host's site development, and then just wondering when it was going to happen, but now, ladies and gentlemen, for your entertainment ...

Splitter! On I-40, Henryetta, OK splits 187.9 miles, 92.6 miles from Oklahoma City - NE 36th St, OK, 97.2 miles to Van Buren, AR.

This is, as many, many Tesla owners and non-Tesla-owning Supercharger nerds are aware, the largest gap on current Interstates in the lower 48.
(I was thinking this was the only one left over 140 miles, but there are 4 others. There are also a number of larger gaps for transitions between Interstates.)

But not just that! This site is also a useful splitter on US-62 and US-75.

This just put a tear in my eye. What a way to start March.

I know nothing about this site. Never drove thru there. But it seems odd to me after looking at supercharger.info daily for months. This is in a strategically critical location, but it's only 8 stalls. Look at the recent (months) permit entries in supercharger.info. It's rare to see less than 16 stalls these days. Does it seem like a bit underkill for this location? Quartzite has 84 stalls in a new location next to another 36 on I-10.

Reactions: L3X1
I know nothing about this site. Never drove thru there. But it seems odd to me after looking at supercharger.info daily for months. This is in a strategically critical location, but it's only 8 stalls. Look at the recent (months) permit entries in supercharger.info. It's rare to see less than 16 stalls these days. Does it seem like a bit underkill for this location? Quartzite has 84 stalls in a new location next to another 36 on I-10.
I was thinking about the size as well. it won't be so bad if they hustle and get some sites in Muskogee, McAlester, Ada, Shawnee, and Paris TX.

Looking at satellite views of the gas station shows that there's not a lot of room for many more. I mean, there's room, but I don't think the business would want to tie up too many spots dedicated for EVs. There are only about 30 parking spaces total.

Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Looking at satellite views of the gas station shows that there's not a lot of room for many more. I mean, there's room, but I don't think the business would want to tie up too many spots dedicated for EVs. There are only about 30 parking spaces total.
I was there March 9th and no activity yet. Given the history of this location and and the amount of time it has taken to get started, I will happily take 8 stalls. There really isn't much space for more.

McAlester, OK is also badly needed. The Francis Energy site at the turnpike is unreliable and too $$$.

I realize it's vastly less efficient in nearly all regards, but I'd prefer there were two 8 stall locations 50ish miles apart rather than a single 16 stall location in basically every scenario. For example, the 16 stall Hope AR could have been 8 in Hope and another 8 in Arkadelphia. Down the road the 16 stall in New Boston TX could have been 8 with another 8 in Mt Pleasant.

With V3 hardware I think 2 minimum charger units, which apparently support 4 stalls each, is mandatory. That way they can do maintenance on one while the other continues to be available. But after that, spread them out so people have more options for pitstop timing. Especially now that there will be more vehicles using them with more different "range between stops" metrics.

Maybe they'll do this on I-40 in OK by adding 8 stall locations to the neighboring towns of Henryetta.

Maybe they'll do this on I-40 in OK by adding 8 stall locations to the neighboring towns of Henryetta.

See post #134. The NEVI program is adding several sites along I-40. Not all will be run by Tesla.

I-40 Exit 308 Sallisaw
I-40 Exit 287 Webbers Falls
I-40 Exit 240B Henryetta
I-40 Exit 200 Seminole
I-40 Exit 221 Okemah
I-40 Exit 166 Choctaw

Pretty sure that covers what you mention.

• Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic
but I'd prefer there were two 8 stall locations 50ish miles apart rather than a single 16 stall location in basically every scenario.
Welllll, I think a lot of people wouldn't because of:
I realize it's vastly less efficient in nearly all regards,
I tried Googling for it and had a hard time coming up with a good reference, but it's related to efficiency of resource usage that's similar to a game theory concept. There is less chance of waiting and less average time of waiting if you concentrate them together as to how often stalls become free. And you don't have that problem of uneven distribution, where maybe one site does have stalls free while the other site has a couple of cars waiting.

But I guess that point is for a later time, when there is more focus on just the capacity efficiency. Right now, there certainly are some places that just need more comfortable spacing on route coverage.

Welllll, I think a lot of people wouldn't because of:

I tried Googling for it and had a hard time coming up with a good reference, but it's related to efficiency of resource usage that's similar to a game theory concept. There is less chance of waiting and less average time of waiting if you concentrate them together as to how often stalls become free. And you don't have that problem of uneven distribution, where maybe one site does have stalls free while the other site has a couple of cars waiting.

But I guess that point is for a later time, when there is more focus on just the capacity efficiency. Right now, there certainly are some places that just need more comfortable spacing on route coverage.

The main inefficiencies I'm referencing are installation costs, upkeep, space leasing, etc. But there are certainly issues with inadequate volume at a site. Though that would be compensated for by the in-car navigation being able to plan some vehicles to go to the other sites.

The problem I have with fewer sites with more stalls is that format forces everyone into the same sequence of stepping stones to get along the highway. But we don't all originate from the same place, or same distance from our first charging stop. So our first charging stop is likely inefficient in order to get us into that sequence of stepping stones.

Further, with the inclusion of shorter range vehicles, or vehicles burdened with a trailer and shortened range, having more frequent stops would be a boon for them.

Further further, there's STILL an argument by 'anti-EV' groups that there are too few charging sites. Well if sites were smaller but there were more of them, hooray! More sites!

And last, more smaller sites could be installed at places like restaurants more easily. Maybe. That's what I'd like to see anyway.

Underground line spot activity has been photographed at new Henryetta SC site. Photos of underground utilities location paint and flags were just posted on local FB Tesla group. Not worth stealing/borrowing to post here.

What's important is there is ACTIVITY.

The photos show the line spotting is on the North and NW side of the QuickTrip, but that's where the utilities are so it may or may not be indicative of the proposed location. This end is the farthest away from the area for all the 18 wheeler fueling and parking activity.

This location is difficult to monitor. It's a long haul for either OKC or Tulsa owners to watch unless you're on a road trip.

Underground line spot activity has been photographed at new Henryetta SC site. Photos of underground utilities location paint and flags were just posted on local FB Tesla group. Not worth stealing/borrowing to post here.

What's important is there is ACTIVITY.

The photos show the line spotting is on the North and NW side of the QuickTrip, but that's where the utilities are so it may or may not be indicative of the proposed location. This end is the farthest away from the area for all the 18 wheeler fueling and parking activity.

This location is difficult to monitor. It's a long haul for either OKC or Tulsa owners to watch unless you're on a road trip.
I'm going to be road tripping in about 2 weeks so I'm going to try to get some pictures when I pass through.