Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henryetta, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We drive from Little Rock to Edmond OK (just north of OKC) for holidays to the see the kids and grandkids. It's a nail biter during the cold months in our Model Y. We really need a mid point SC between the VanBuren and OKC chargers. We have to add over an hour to the trip to deviate via Tulsa. This situation is keeping us from getting another Tesla.
No argument from anyone here. It's not Tesla's fault. It takes a business/land owner to pair with Telsa to put in a charger location. They can't just say we want one here, bend over and give us the land access. We've had local people court the Mayor of Henryetta more than once and try to get locals onboard but nobody has the foresight or guts to take the plunge. The mayor's initial comment was "we have chargers here in town and nobody ever uses them". You can't fault an uninformed small town point of view. They are crappy Francis Energy chargers which are know to be unreliable at best. It's a small town with small thinking with zero desire to take a risk. Unfortunately they are in an ideal spot. I've suggested SC's in Shawnee, Okemah, and Checotah but they never make it onto the voting list. Even if they do, people want one and vote for one closer to home than to fill a hole on the Interstate.

There are CCS and CHAdeMO charging options on I-40 between VanBuren and OKC. see PlugShare.com. Be sure to read the check-in comments to see if they are working recently.

Welcome to the site.

There are chargepoint chargers (more reliable than Francis on avg) in Okemah. They appear to be CPE250s in a paired configuration so you may get close to 75kW peak with the CCS adapter and the cost is $0.34 / kWh. Seems like a reasonable alternative with a good price and good reliability and decent amenities.

I found an interesting thing when doing my SuperCharger voting this quarter. One of the nominated sites is McAlester OK (I voted for it) but the map showing the nominated sites around the globe had a greyed out SuperCharger icon at Henryetta OK!!! 😳 Now, back in the day, the Tesla SuperCharger map had "Coming Soon" icons all over the place, but lately (and on this map) those greyed out sites are fewer. Might this mean they're more realistic and reliable? I sure hope so. Clicking on the icon brings up "Target Opening 2024" Let's cross our fingers. Henryetta AND McAlester would be awesome!

Henryetta SuperCharger coming?!?.png

I found an interesting thing when doing my SuperCharger voting this quarter. One of the nominated sites is McAlester OK (I voted for it) but the map showing the nominated sites around the globe had a greyed out SuperCharger icon at Henryetta OK!!! 😳 Now, back in the day, the Tesla SuperCharger map had "Coming Soon" icons all over the place, but lately (and on this map) those greyed out sites are fewer. Might this mean they're more realistic and reliable? I sure hope so. Clicking on the icon brings up "Target Opening 2024" Let's cross our fingers. Henryetta AND McAlester would be awesome!

View attachment 1006284
That Henryetta marker has been there on and off for years, mocking us.

View attachment 1006284
A few months ago there was an address on the pin too but I don't think anyone posted a screengrab of it.

903 E Trudgeon St, Henryetta, OK 74437

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/7904494