Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Indianapolis, IN - Waterway Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is a good location. I've seen a lot of Teslas driving around the IU Medical Center, Riley and IUPUI. That area is booming with tech development. And even if I was downtown and needed to supercharge, I would drive this short distance to avoid the parking charges at the one on Capitol Ave. Which incidentally is the panhandler capitol of Indiana.

I lived in Lockefield Gardens a long time ago (1988-1994), but there weren't any Teslas back then :)

I never understood the placement of the Capitol Supercharger. Anywhere at White River State Park would have been awesome (except during Victory Field events). I may use this one once Elanco's new headquarters are open.

Last edited:
The permit for this site was official signed off on on June 26 - so hopefully construction will start soon.
IMG_8819.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8818.jpeg
    IMG_8818.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 47
I have no proof that construction has happened; however, the permit for the site lists that the final inspection should have happened today.

For reference, the Indy North location opened 5 days after this inspection.

Attachments

• IMG_9219.jpeg
    IMG_9219.jpeg
    516.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9217.jpeg
    IMG_9217.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • Informative
Reactions: GabeIA
I have no proof that construction has happened;
I was able to swing by the site today and can provide proof that construction has happened and would appear to be complete, although 12 of the 16 stalls are currently covered. The meter is in place, although did not appear to be alive, so I'm guessing they have not turned on power to it yet. I can confirm 16 stalls, which includes one oriented as pull in and one that is marked as handicap accessible. I did not see any indication of magic dock as just standard cables and no other signs of any special activation pads.

There were a variety of cars, including a couple of other Telsa's parked in about half the stalls. Hopefully once the site goes live there will not be any issue with cars blocking spots (the lot area where this is located isn't that large and seemed heavily used by people working in the adjacent building).

I will say getting to the actual site was a bit of a pain as lot of construction around the area, several roads closed/or torn out, including a few that the navigation in my Model S wanted me to take to get to the location.

The GPS location for where I parked, in about the 4th stall shows from my car as (39.784577, -86.184333)

Attachments

• IMG_5684.jpeg
    IMG_5684.jpeg
    966 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5685.jpeg
    IMG_5685.jpeg
    363.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5686.jpeg
    IMG_5686.jpeg
    815.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5687.jpeg
    IMG_5687.jpeg
    621 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5688.jpeg
    IMG_5688.jpeg
    765.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5689.jpeg
    IMG_5689.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 56
Was nearby so stopped today to charge for first time.

As I commented about a month ago, seems like may be some issues with people from the adjoining buildings still wanting to use a general parking places. When I arrive there were 3 of the 16 stalls blocked. I wouldn't say ICEd as 2 of the 3 were EVs; one Model 3 not plugged in. one Audi eTron, and then a Kia. All of the owners came out and drove off during the 35-40 minutes I was there. (See the couple pictures I posted)
IMG_5800.jpeg

IMG_5798.jpeg

The in-car navigation still does not provide very good directions and routes through some roads closed due to construction in the area. Best to come across on Gent and not try to come up from south via Waterway. I took a screenshot of how my navigation wanted to show where I've marked up to show inaccessible part of Waterway and how best to come from Indiana via Gent.

IMG_5801.jpeg

We charged there on 11/21/23. I appreciated the routing information from PcMC that helped us navigate through the construction. Most of our road trips involve towing, so it is unlikely we will use this Supercharger. There is a pull-in slot, but it is positioned such that an attached trailer (of any size) would block traffic. We are looking forward to trying out the Nora Supercharger next.

Attachments

• 20231121_133846.jpg
    20231121_133846.jpg
    680.5 KB · Views: 21
There is a pull-in slot, but it is positioned such that an attached trailer (of any size) would block traffic. We are looking forward to trying out the Nora Supercharger next.
Yeah, the lot is pretty narrow. Absolutely no way anyone dealing with any form of a trailer would be able to manipulate that.

The lot at Nora is a lot more open. I don’t recall off top of my head if there is a pull in stall, but still much more maneuvering room than at the Waterway Blvd Spot.

It's not pay for parking. There is a paid garage in adjacent location, but the Tesla superchargers are outside the garage in an open public lot.
As I exited, I saw a “pay for park” for “Parkers” board sign in front of the entrance 👀😆I assume that’s for the other daily or concerts parking spots. I think it was from a plugshare app notice. Not sure how to report that to the plugshare app folks that there is no fees.

As I exited, I saw a “pay for park” for “Parkers” board sign in front of the entrance 👀😆I assume that’s for the other daily or concerts parking spots. I think it was from a plugshare app notice. Not sure how to report that to the plugshare app folks that there is no fees.
I've just filed a report on the Plugshare site stating that the Tesla supercharger location is incorrectly listed as in a paid lot. Not sure how quickly they will review that, but if using this "report" option on the plugshare site is my understanding of how to get inaccurate information updated.

I've just filed a report on the Plugshare site stating that the Tesla supercharger location is incorrectly listed as in a paid lot. Not sure how quickly they will review that, but if using this "report" option on the plugshare site is my understanding of how to get inaccurate information updated.
Thanks for trying to update. I've never understood why Plug Share holds superchargers to a higher level than L2. The latter can be edited by anyone at anytime when there is wrong information but not so on Tesla superchargers. Seems like even L3 for other manufacturers can be at least partially edited because I tweaked the location on a couple at different times. I also once tried to install a new Tesla supercharger that was being built near me and I got a nasty message from Plug Share saying don't do that. As opposed to starting a new L2 which is no problem at all.