Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Irvine, CA - Michelson Dr. (Park Place, LIVE 19 Oct 2019, 12 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bunch of damn teens got out of their MS and leaned on my car. I opened my window to say hey and they bugged off. One kid was lame enough to try starting crap by staring at me through my tint. Lame kids out here on Christmas Day, hope yours is a good one!

Attachments

• 8E75DE80-35EA-4BCC-BA38-2DEB533F2D30.jpeg
    8E75DE80-35EA-4BCC-BA38-2DEB533F2D30.jpeg
    389.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Funny
Reactions: xilex
Every time I look at this Supercharger in the app, it’s always showing as full or almost full. After my first visit today, I realized it’s because people leave their cars there: of the nine cars plugged in, only one was actively charging.

Every time I look at this Supercharger in the app, it’s always showing as full or almost full. After my first visit today, I realized it’s because people leave their cars there: of the nine cars plugged in, only one was actively charging.
How could you tell? Were they not plugged in? I would assume they were all charging because the $1/min idle fee would not be fun.

Okay, so the light needs to be on. But of the nine cars remaining when I left, NONE of them had a body in them (at least not a live one in the front seat: don't know about what might have been in the trunk). There were 10 vehicles when I arrived, two spots are dead and coned off, there was a person in an X who left while I was charging, but no activity in the other nine at any point.

Just weird that this one is ALWAYS full or completely full. I have never seen more than two opens spaces on the app any time I have looked (and I look more than I should).

Okay, so the light needs to be on. But of the nine cars remaining when I left, NONE of them had a body in them (at least not a live one in the front seat: don't know about what might have been in the trunk). There were 10 vehicles when I arrived, two spots are dead and coned off, there was a person in an X who left while I was charging, but no activity in the other nine at any point.

Just weird that this one is ALWAYS full or completely full. I have never seen more than two opens spaces on the app any time I have looked (and I look more than I should).
Welcome to Irvine, the land of Tesla's.

Also, I would assume most people grab a coffee or bite to eat while their car charges, that's what I do so I'm not in it while it is charging.

BTW: the reason I had to go today was I was an idiot and left my charge cable at home. If I drive home without charging, I will get there with MAYBE 5% and I don't want to do that.

AND my J1772 adaptor was not in my car. Otherwise I could have charged for free during lunch. I’m having a bad day.

I normally charge at work (they installed a NEMA 14-50 there for me) but needed to top off over the weekend due a fair amount of driving.

Last edited:

I was there at 1325 and left at 1435.....three people pulled in at the same time I got there and were able to charge immediately.....I was there to charge my wife’s M3.....while I was there, 5 people left and five people came in at different times.....there was no wait, but one lady in a MX went to the handicap spot and plugged in.....there was two coned off like you said.....I was there for 1 hour.....when I got there, I too only saw one or maybe 2 people in cars.....

bottom line here is that because there is a coffee and gym there on the first floor, people go there an forget about their cars.....they just stroll causality back, get in and leave......

sometimes when I go there, there are 2-4 cars lined up waiting.....they generally go in the order they arrived....., but as more cars are sold in the Irvine, costa mesa and Newport Beach area, there needs to be more superchargers around here....

No light on the car’s charge port and no one in the car
Sometimes you can tell by feeling the cable and/or connector to see if it's warm. It's not reliable since they're black and can also get warm in the sun, and they might not get warm at low power. But they definitely get noticeably warm in the dark at full power.

That's for V2. No personal experience with the liquid-cooled V3 charging stations yet.

Sometimes you can tell by feeling the cable and/or connector to see if it's warm. It's not reliable since they're black and can also get warm in the sun, and they might not get warm at low power. But they definitely get noticeably warm in the dark at full power.

That's for V2. No personal experience with the liquid-cooled V3 charging stations yet.
I used the V3 in Lone Pine and maxed out at 900mph of charge rate. When I unplugged the car the charge cable was cold.

This station is busy every single hour of every single day until about 10:30pm. The problem is that it is surrounded by large luxury aparment complexes to the north, south, east, and west. There are hundreds of teslas in these apartment units within a 1 mile radius and none of these apartment dwellers have access to a garage.

This station is busy every single hour of every single day until about 10:30pm. The problem is that it is surrounded by large luxury aparment complexes to the north, south, east, and west. There are hundreds of teslas in these apartment units within a 1 mile radius and none of these apartment dwellers have access to a garage.
There is another 24-stall supercharger a mile and a half away, so...

• Disagree
Reactions: MIT_S60