Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jersey City, NJ - Mall Drive West

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning to call - 18007220256 the PSEG Construction Dept but can call any of the 3 - however not being JC resident not sure Mayor office would care about my call

Called the above number - got to Construction Dept - they said they just do work once it comes to them and they don't have it in their schedule yet and who then punted me to Customer Service where after 20 mins hold said they had no idea unless i have work order number. *Sigh

On Tesla's website they say the Jersey City SuperCharger is OPEN. 6 SuperChargers available now. Location is:

The Oakman

160 First Street

Jersey City, NJ 07302

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 11.09.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 11.09.47 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
  • Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
Yeah! That's what pressure on them does (that's what I'll be telling myself).
But in reality, that's awesome, thanks for the update @GreenDarren ! It's about time!

Edit: Wait, I'm confused. The Oakman is a luxury condo. I thought the chargers were in first floor parking deck of Newport Mall? Does this mean Tesla got sick of Newport/PSE&G and moved the chargers to The Oakman? The map no longer shows Newport as a coming soon location. It used to show 20 stalls under construction and the address was Mall Drive West Jersey City, what's going on here?

Edit 2: looks like the chargers may be curbside like their other ones. Got this pic from their website.
View media item 117937

Last edited:
Also, the website states that "The Oakman" location is 120kW, whereas the pictures that were posted of the location focused on in this thread are Urban Superchargers, which are limited to 72kW. This is most likely an altogether different location, as it would be difficult and a total waste of resources to move everything.

Also, the website states that "The Oakman" location is 120kW, whereas the pictures that were posted of the location focused on in this thread are Urban Superchargers, which are limited to 72kW. This is most likely an altogether different location, as it would be difficult and a total waste of resources to move everything.
Yet only half a mile away... strange. Any locals feel like investigating?

Maybe they're going to have both? I saw the outside chargers at The Oakman on Google Maps as well. So hopefully they're not inside where you need to pay for parking.

The first excuse to head over there I will. Unless someone more local can get there first.

Last edited:
This seems really odd. I looked at the map on my car and this location doesn't appear. I usually see new SC locations on the actual car map before they appear on the Tesla website. The chargers pictured also look like general use public chargers rather than Super Chargers. Someone needs to look at those very closely in person.

Last edited:
This morning I was going to post: "I give up" and then this beautiful news...I am still confused as Superchargers are not mushrooms and they do not grow overnight but I I do not care I take the good location. I will check today after work...Thanks to all of you that actually called PSEG and put pressure on them...I appreciate it

Reactions: BMWLover
Yeah! That's what pressure on them does (that's what I'll be telling myself).
But in reality, that's awesome, thanks for the update @GreenDarren ! It's about time!

Edit: Wait, I'm confused. The Oakman is a luxury condo. I thought the chargers were in first floor parking deck of Newport Mall? Does this mean Tesla got sick of Newport/PSE&G and moved the chargers to The Oakman? The map no longer shows Newport as a coming soon location. It used to show 20 stalls under construction and the address was Mall Drive West Jersey City, what's going on here?

Edit 2: looks like the chargers may be curbside like their other ones. Got this pic from their website.
View media item 117937
I will check and let you know tonite

I live next to The Oakman, at the sister property. The Oakman is a condo building, while The ArtHouse is a rental building.
The chargers out on the street are NOT Tesla SuperChargers. Those are owned/operated by a private company: Greenspot. Here is their website: About – Greenspot EV Infrastructure.

Inside The Oakman, there is a crappy parking lot (80% of it is on gravel at the moment, and will go away soon, once they start construction on the next building by the same developer) and in the tiny lot that is paved, there is a single Tesla charger on the wall. This being a private lot, private rates apply, which means high cost per hour. You could end up paying $20 to charge two hours, so not sure this charger is even an option for those wanting to avail themselves of free super charging. I literally live next door, and I have ZERO intentions to ever use that charger. I will most likely end up using the on street chargers (if I ever need an "emergency" charge) which have an hourly rate, as opposed to paying for an expensive lot to get "free" supercharging. Also, at this lot, you have to hand over the keys to your car, so they can park it for you. Who here wants to do that when it comes to a tiny lot where cars stacked on top of each other, or parked on gravel??

• Informative
Reactions: ElectrifyAB
I hope I am wrong - but I think this is just a mistake. The location does not show up on the cars navigation screen. It is extremely unlikely that Tesla would put Super Chargers in a private luxury building garage. I think it is highly likely that there is a destination charger in that garage and that is all. I guess the various recon teams will figure it out and report back!

No, the original chargers along 1st St have been in place for several years now. They are the same as always. They are directly in front of my building, and I walk past them several times every day. Definitely not changes there. Like I said, they are owned/managed by GreenSpot. Site posted earlier for those interested in them.

I live next to The Oakman, at the sister property. The Oakman is a condo building, while The ArtHouse is a rental building.
The chargers out on the street are NOT Tesla SuperChargers. Those are owned/operated by a private company: Greenspot. Here is their website: About – Greenspot EV Infrastructure.

Inside The Oakman, there is a crappy parking lot (80% of it is on gravel at the moment, and will go away soon, once they start construction on the next building by the same developer) and in the tiny lot that is paved, there is a single Tesla charger on the wall. This being a private lot, private rates apply, which means high cost per hour. You could end up paying $20 to charge two hours, so not sure this charger is even an option for those wanting to avail themselves of free super charging. I literally live next door, and I have ZERO intentions to ever use that charger. I will most likely end up using the on street chargers (if I ever need an "emergency" charge) which have an hourly rate, as opposed to paying for an expensive lot to get "free" supercharging. Also, at this lot, you have to hand over the keys to your car, so they can park it for you. Who here wants to do that when it comes to a tiny lot where cars stacked on top of each other, or parked on gravel??

Thanks for the info, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense. The single Tesla charger on the wall I assume is an HPWC that charges at 30 mi/hr and probably put there for residents of The Oakman who own Teslas and park there. We're discussing Superchargers, and they don't put them in luxury condo basement parking. They will place them outside, somewhere that is easy to access and can be used by those making road trips, usually placed in high-traffic areas, in mall parking lots, or off major highways like I-95. If you can actually go check the location, which I assume is the side street with the level 1 and 2 chargers that are not Tesla owned, to see if there are superchargers there, that would be great!

There is no SuperCharger at the parking lot. As seen from the outside, there is ONE charger, and it is not a super charger. Just yesterday, they added a sign to the inside wall of the driveway into the lot to indicate they have a Tesla charger. Previous to this sign, the charger still had some of the plastic wrap around the hoses. In any case, there is ONE charger (as far as I can see) and this is a private lot, so most likely they put it in there as a potential way to attract Tesla customers. But, like I said before, this is private lot, and an expensive one at that. A half mile away is the Newport Centre mall, which will have those 20 chargers. Better to go there (once turned on) if you need a charge. Unless you want to spend 10 - 20 dollars to use the charger inside a private lot.

There is no SuperCharger at the parking lot. As seen from the outside, there is ONE charger, and it is not a super charger. Just yesterday, they added a sign to the inside wall of the driveway into the lot to indicate they have a Tesla charger. Previous to this sign, the charger still had some of the plastic wrap around the hoses. In any case, there is ONE charger (as far as I can see) and this is a private lot, so most likely they put it in there as a potential way to attract Tesla customers. But, like I said before, this is private lot, and an expensive one at that. A half mile away is the Newport Centre mall, which will have those 20 chargers. Better to go there (once turned on) if you need a charge. Unless you want to spend 10 - 20 dollars to use the charger inside a private lot.

Please see post #102 of this thread. It indicates on Tesla's supercharger map that there are 6 Superchargers at The Oakman location that are open and operational. Do you know where those may be? Maybe on the other side of the building? Maybe in the back?