Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA - Bernard Dr. (LIVE, 56 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those are the switchgears for the charging cabinets because there are so many charging cabinets they need two switchgears. A more recent picture I posted shows transformers connected to each one.

in theory wouldn't the power/megapacks be connected to the transformers. landing them between the charger cabinets and transformers electrically speaking.

ex:
tesla-megapack-energy-storage-system.jpg

i'm still up in the air on them being mega/powerpacks or just bus cabinets. why would tesla take the effort to get them in white? they don't anywhere else. local building requirements?

edit: vegas has white cabinets. looks like i'm mistaken

in theory wouldn't the power/megapacks be connected to the transformers. landing them between the charger cabinets and transformers electrically speaking.

ex:
tesla-megapack-energy-storage-system.jpg

i'm still up in the air on them being mega/powerpacks or just bus cabinets. why would tesla take the effort to get them in white? they don't anywhere else. local building requirements?

edit: vegas has white cabinets. looks like i'm mistaken

This does show MegaPacks and they can be connected directly to a transformer as they have the necessary sections to make a utility connection but Tesla also colors their switchgears as white which are required to connect Tesla Supercharger Cabinets to the Utility.

I will be at this Supercharger tomorrow morning and I will take more up close pictures to describe what I mean.

This does show MegaPacks and they can be connected directly to a transformer as they have the necessary sections to make a utility connection but Tesla also colors their switchgears as white which are required to connect Tesla Supercharger Cabinets to the Utility.

I will be at this Supercharger tomorrow morning and I will take more up close pictures to describe what I mean.

photos of the tags please!

I'm at the new supercharger and they don't seem to be V3 (250kW) even tho it's advertised like that on the navigation screen.
Do you have more info on why they put older cabinets?
Here is a picture of on it the cabinet.
I spoke with an employee, although he didn't know (managing the traffic only), he mentioned that multiple people complained that they are not 250kWs.

Attachments

• PXL_20211127_233451823.jpg
    PXL_20211127_233451823.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 82
I'm at the new supercharger and they don't seem to be V3 (250kW) even tho it's advertised like that on the navigation screen.
Do you have more info on why they put older cabinets?

Hi Joan,

The new location is most certainly, 100% V3. There may be other factors affecting your charge rate, like state of charge, battery temperature, vehicle model, and current load on the system.

If the station is completely full, there is only enough power for 87.5 kW per vehicle.

14 charging cabinets each with 350 kW AC input = 4,900 kW. 4,900 kW across 56 stalls is 87.5 kW per stall. This is best case, assuming the utility installed 5,000 kW worth of transformers. If Tesla adds battery storage and/or solar, this will increase.

Last edited:
I was there about an hour ago and like others have mentioned there was a small line to get in. I counted around 20 or so chargers that were not online. Here are some pictures of the switchgears and cabinets and where the empty pad is for a Megapack in the future.

View attachment 738172

View attachment 738173

View attachment 738174

View attachment 738175
20 not online but do they still say on the navigation 56 stalls? The slow speed + 20 not online must be the reason why there is a wait. How much kw did you get?

20 not online but do they still say on the navigation 56 stalls? The slow speed + 20 not online must be the reason why there is a wait. How much kw did you get?

I have a SR+ model 3 and got to the charger around 25% battery but like others I didn't see anything more than around 80kW at peak. I will never see the advertised 250kW charge rate because of my vehicle so I really don't mind venturing to the V2 chargers if no one is next to me.

Reactions: bmah
I charged here around 11 this morning. I saw 212 kW when I started charging at 17%. Most of the available chargers (the ones not wrapped in caution tape) were in use at the time.

Pro tip: for now at least, there's still fencing around most of the lot. You have to enter by going straight from Ward Rd towards the roundabout. You can't enter from the Bernard Rd cul-de-sac.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and mociaf9
Hi Joan,

The new location is most certainly, 100% V3. There may be other factors affecting your charge rate, like state of charge, battery temperature, vehicle model, and current load on the system.

If the station is completely full, there is only enough power for 87.5 kW per vehicle.

14 charging cabinets each with 350 kW AC input = 4,900 kW. 4,900 kW across 56 stalls is 87.5 kW per stall. This is best case, assuming the utility installed 5,000 kW worth of transformers. If Tesla adds battery storage and/or solar, this will increase.
Thanks for the clarification!

I charged here around 11 this morning. I saw 212 kW when I started charging at 17%. Most of the available chargers (the ones not wrapped in caution tape) were in use at the time.

Pro tip: for now at least, there's still fencing around most of the lot. You have to enter by going straight from Ward Rd towards the roundabout. You can't enter from the Bernard Rd cul-de-sac.
I've heard when the stalls are full that's when you only get 80kw, but it seems like in your case they weren't completely full right?