Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kindersley, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per Arun on TOCS it's live now
Screenshot_20231204_190410_Facebook.jpg
FB_IMG_1701738263589.jpg
FB_IMG_1701738200093.jpg
FB_IMG_1701738200093.jpg
FB_IMG_1701738188033.jpg

awesome !! no sightings of further construction ? There has go to be another one coming soon near Hanna or Drumheller you'd think ? The current route is a bit of stretch for us ancient Tesla owners.

A permit for Brooks was recently approved a few months ago, maybe that has started construction?

Reactions: PStewart
A permit for Brooks was recently approved a few months ago, maybe that has started construction?

yeah I guess that could work but it's kinda/sorta out of the way if you are doing the Calgary-Saskatoon run

Reactions: PStewart
Going to be taking this route from Calgary to Saskatoon tomorrow for the holidays in a M3 LR. The tesla app is now regularly routing through Kindersley instead of highway 1, but the charger desert between Calgary and Kindersley is notoriously windy (have tried to do it in the summer before and barely made it to rosetown to hit the level 2). The app has us charging to full in Strathmore and then arriving in Kindersley at 19%.

Looks like it'll be a favorable SW wind tomorrow, so I am going to let tesla do it's thing and precondition as necessary (this usually kills my range in super cold weather so I usually just route to the city and then route to the charger when I get ~30 minutes out, but it may be warm enough tomorrow for it to not matter).

Will let you all know how it goes (it says the trip time will be 6h40m, which is ~3 hours shorter than it was going the highway 1 route through swift).

got there with 15% (left strathmore at 99), but had to intervene because it was preconditioning way earlier and killing range sub 10%. I manually routed to the charger 50 km out and got full 250 kw charging speeds in kindersley.

The strathmore route has you go down 3 dirt roads and a very steep dirt road drop into the drumheller valley, which I really don’t think nav is accounting for because there were significant shifts in range while undergoing that (>400 w/h per km).

It was around -1C the vast majority of the route.

Trip A is the trip itself, and I was going 103 km/h most of the time.

The kindersley charger is welcome, but i still don’t think it’s enough in -30, we still need that Hanna supercharger.

Attachments

• IMG_3954.jpeg
    IMG_3954.jpeg
    302.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3955.jpeg
    IMG_3955.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 24