Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King City, CA (LIVE 15 Sep 2023, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's broken now--that 'pipe' is actually a wooden survey marker.

The "MGE" in the no-parking sign may be a reference to MGE Underground of Paso Robles, an infrastructure company. I'm guessing that PG&E would have no problem contracting out trenching and conduit installation while they concentrate on transformer installation. (For reference about local power routing, the transformer for the Burger King is to the west of the building, inside the drive-thru loop.)
IMG_0540.JPGIMG_0538.JPGIMG_0543.JPG

It's broken now--that 'pipe' is actually a wooden survey marker.

The "MGE" in the no-parking sign may be a reference to MGE Underground of Paso Robles, an infrastructure company. I'm guessing that PG&E would have no problem contracting out trenching and conduit installation while they concentrate on transformer installation. (For reference about local power routing, the transformer for the Burger King is to the west of the building, inside the drive-thru loop.)
View attachment 962630View attachment 962629View attachment 962631
If so, that’s a good sign that the transformer should be in by the end of the upcoming week and the site live by the end of the month.

Reactions: samn
We drove by Friday afternoon and there were trucks and crews working near the chargers and also at what must have been the power junction box by the entrance. We didn't get too close and didn't get pics but I'm guessing this could go live very soon.

Sorry, wish I had taken a picture. I think it looked like contractors as I don't recall a big blue truck but I just got a glimpse. Either way though they were definitely working on it with multiple trucks equipment and a team.
if the transformer was placed then it would make sense for the contractors to be there finishing wiring but otherwise it looks complete so not sure why they would be there.