Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King City, CA (LIVE 15 Sep 2023, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When building permits are applied for, you often pay a fee with the application. I remember another user on here saying expired permits are not a huge deal - they can pay a re-activation fee and resurrect them. We will have one in King City someday, but it's not coming soon, and is not even on the Tesla map. Perhaps they prioritized Soledad instead.

Moderator note: Moved a discussion unrelated to the King City Supercharger to this thread:

Bruce.

• Love
Reactions: goldengate
DC2F6422-FFD2-4F45-866A-9A539B96B453.jpeg
Looks like it’s gonna be across the 101 at Burger King now

Looks like a nice spot. It will fill the awkward hole between Paso Robles and Greenfield. My car claims it wants to stop at Greenfield, but with the headwinds, it is rather iffy if the car will make it there, and it often adds an extra stop, or I don't think it will make it and I force an extra stop. King City will allow me not to have to charge with the car already at 50%

• Love
Great news, but if you scroll up, the permit was issued and expired once... let's hope this time they actually build the darn thing haha... From the satellite photo it's a much better location than 530 Canal... right by the freeway, easy in and out, and a nice pool to use haha.... I think keeping this thread in tact but updating title with the new address would be good since this Supercharger has been through so many different iterations. We also have a speculation thread on it from years ago somewhere. Fingers crossed this goes forward. Such a logical choice. King City is where I used to fill up my BMW in my pre-Tesla days and is the perfect stopping spot from the Bay Area.
Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 08-11-21 600 Canal St · 600 Canal St King City CA 93930.png

Last edited:
Emailed the building department in King City and the 600 Canal St. permit was Issued 1/23/23 so look for construction to start sometime soon.
View attachment 932546
@bmah should this be a new thread since it is a different site than the original post?

I'm thinking just to keep the same thread, since the original site died pretty early in the process. If it had gotten into construction I might have thought differently.

Bruce.

That is wonderful news! Frankly I had given up on a SC in King City given all the stops and starts. Thanks for the photos... any of the surrounding lot? It's in a Burger King parking lot?
Yes, in the Burger King parking lot. Sorry, no photos of the rest of the parking lot. The first picture is towards the back of the lot, away from the driveway. The second picture is along the left side of the lot, as you enter the parking lot.

• Love
Yes, in the Burger King parking lot. Sorry, no photos of the rest of the parking lot. The first picture is towards the back of the lot, away from the driveway. The second picture is along the left side of the lot, as you enter the parking lot.
Were there 3 of the white wrapped cabinets or just 2? There’s only 6 stalls in the second picture so hard to tell if they are doing 8 or 12.