Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - La Jolla, CA (permit found, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only a couple blocks away from another Supercharger

But this location has better amenities nearby.

It's a pain to get here from the freeway, though, especially during traffic hours.

Reactions: Nixon007
Reply to the twitter feed posted by the OP suggests it will be in the underground lot below Ralph’s/TJs. We used to go to the theater there all the time 25 years ago when we lived in the condos by the Mormon temple. Hardly ever since we live closer to the Village now. I wonder why they didn’t put it by the trolley parking lot on the other side of the shopping center. That would seem like a better location and easier to get to from the freeway.

Much like the chargers down the street, this will be such a hassle to navigate with the traffic and poor access, it’ll make more sense to drive to one of the many chargers down in Kearny Mesa or up in Carmel Valley

Much like the chargers down the street, this will be such a hassle to navigate with the traffic and poor access, it’ll make more sense to drive to one of the many chargers down in Kearny Mesa or up in Carmel Valley
Yeah, though it should be useful for a lot of people who live/work/go-to-school in the area. It's a pretty active area.

Only a couple blocks away from another Supercharger

But this location has better amenities nearby.

It's a pain to get here from the freeway, though, especially during traffic hours.
I tried to go to this one once and the valet guy had the worst attitude. They need to get rid of this supercharger or change the system. It's frustrating to be told you need to pay 9 bucks BEFORE going underground to use their supercharger.

I left and went to Sorrento Valley at Qualcomm.

The center with the Ralph's is already a nightmare...I wonder how it will be with a supercharger there now.

Reactions: gaswalla and Smc171
It doesn't appear to be showing up on here as a "coming soon" Supercharger, yet (though Encinitas and Solana Beach are).

It's also very possibly a utility issue as the EVgo charger behind Whole Foods and the Electrify America charger at UTC have also not been switched on (despite having been completed for 1-2 years now) due to SDGE/Utility reasons as I understand it. Could be a quirk of this particular area. I did speak with an EVgo representative who said the Whole Foods station would be switched on in January, so maybe there's some progress being made in the area.