Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Forest, CA - Muirlands Blvd. (LIVE 27 Feb 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am confused by the layout as well. There are bump stops are on each side of the main aisle. Why didn't they just make them pull-thru stalls? Still covered as of this morning. With this layout, people will need to realize it's the other side diagonal to them that would be blocking the charger. This is going to be very interesting to see in action.

But, on the bright side it's the first BEV charging site I've seen with trash can and recycle bins. :D

View attachment 911522
The stripes should also be offset to the left (or the chargers moved to the right) so the side of the post where the cable anchors is lined up with the edge of the stall providing extra cord reach. This would also make it harder to use them from the back side.

Also, they do not appear to have labeled the stalls yet which is also an indication which side to charge from.

Reactions: Falcon73
I won't make it down tonight but it's live on the app...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230227-194643.png
    Screenshot_20230227-194643.png
    489.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Informative
Reactions: Falcon73 and bmah
I will check it out today, and hope to try charging, assuming the MX is out of the shop.

I was watching some videos from OOS Dave on YT and was wondering why our new sites here don't seem to be getting Magic Docks. I have not noticed them on this new site, but I will check again. It seems like it would be an idea side for Magic Docks with the ability to pull in from left or right.

Are we tracking which sites are getting Magic Docks or is it only if someone posts in a site thread here about it?

I will check it out today, and hope to try charging, assuming the MX is out of the shop.

I was watching some videos from OOS Dave on YT and was wondering why our new sites here don't seem to be getting Magic Docks. I have not noticed them on this new site, but I will check again. It seems like it would be an idea side for Magic Docks with the ability to pull in from left or right.

Are we tracking which sites are getting Magic Docks or is it only if someone posts in a site thread here about it?
I would cross my finger that magic dock don’t make it to this one. I am all for accelerating EV and all but opening up to others with charge port on different side or location is going to be painful for us. There will always be people taking up more than one spot so they can charge. Only make sense for them to open up for EV that can charge on the same side as Tesla.

The stripes should also be offset to the left (or the chargers moved to the right) so the side of the post where the cable anchors is lined up with the edge of the stall providing extra cord reach. This would also make it harder to use them from the back side.

Also, they do not appear to have labeled the stalls yet which is also an indication which side to charge from.
Signage added "please use other side"

Attachments

• 20230228_095905.jpg
    20230228_095905.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 93
I stopped by yesterday after my doc appt from another site (under construction) and found 14 vehicles charging out of 24 stalls. So, 10 available. Seems like a good amount of traffic already only 2 days after it went live.

I also didn't find any Magic Docks. There were a few ICE cars parked on the non-blocking side (not a problem at all). So, so far so good.

There are no Magic Docks in SoCal as of yet, that I know of.

I'd be surprised if they couldn't be retrofitted.

And realistically, these ones with the spots on both sides would be ideal, for the Non-Teslas with differently placed charging ports.

Here's perhaps a more interesting situation. Our Model X shows this charging station but our Model Y doesn't. It shows up on the app for our model y but when I send it to the car it just gets stuck calculating. I'm charging at the station now but it says nothing about a cost. Any idea why this might be happening?

Attachments

• IMG20230308143432.jpg
    IMG20230308143432.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG20230308150027.jpg
    IMG20230308150027.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG20230308150215.jpg
    IMG20230308150215.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 38