Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lakewood, CA (LIVE 6 Dec 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that new? They’re been talking about Lakewood coming soon (like so many others) for years.

I assume the pin drop is not very it would actually be; like so many other coming soon pin drops and where the chargers actually ended up being installed. As I can’t see it being installed at that location.

The mall is one of the most obvious locations for Lakewood. Likely the only one given what else Lakewood has to offer.

I believe initial conversations were across the street around city half. I think that was (still there?) an empty lot over by the library that would be a prime spot; but a long walk to the mall though.

Do we have a firm location for this yet.

Permits anyone ?

This lot have been empty for years. Come to think it’s probably been empty a decade or two.

It’s a prime lot at the intersection of two major streets and across the street from the mall.

There a 100 places in Lakewood they could put chargers though.

010069E8-8CCD-4CD4-A64D-48455A514BD8.jpeg

Last edited:
Can someone please check out this location and post pictures? Likely under construction.

5603 Woodruff Ave
Lakewood, CA 90713
33.858572, -118.116389

Church's Texas Chicken & El Pollo Loco. Chicken for everyone.

What's the source on this one?

Location is weird. It's basically the edge of Cerritos and it's also 5 min from the Cerritos location on the opposite side of the 605.

If it is going there it's a bad choice if terms of spacing out the chargers.

I think most of us expected it to nearer to Lakewood mall.

Next time I'm headed out for a charge at Cerritos mall I'll drop by. Perhaps next week.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc
If you go by again take some photos of where it’s going in the lot.

Sometimes these things are put in the worst places and non EV owners take up the spots. Other times it’s put well away from potential conflict.

From the satellite and street views I’ve seen of this location that location is often largely full of cars already. Doesn’t seem ideal.

I still don’t understand why it’s so close to the Cerritos location, just on the other side of the freeway.

On another note I discussed the Bell location. Not too far off the freeway and one of the better chargers to use between the beach areas south and LA and the valley. Low usage. No conflict with other businesss. High speed. Good for waiting out traffic if it gets bad and you need a charge.